• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

-= POTC MOD IDEAS =-

<!--`QuoteBegin-Sirus_Darke`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sirus_Darke)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Apparently Sir Francis Drake died on his flagship Defiance in 1597:
http://www.bruce.ruiz.net/PanamaHistory/fr...ancis_drake.htm

The Golden Hind sailed home 17 years earlier.[/quote]

Golden Hind arrived at Plymouth on the 26. September 1580
Drake died 16 Years later 28.january 1596 or
(Julian Calendar 1595) but that would still be 16 Years ..... well who knows
And Yeah Defiance was his last ship

Re: Noise Mod. Boocha is working on that, I believe (he's sent it to me, I know).
Re: discard in transfer. Yes, I too would like that, though I always forget when I'm making my `to-do` list.
Re: Crew. Yes, this could do with tweaking. There should be an `all-four` transfer screen, that'd be best.

Re: The Lookout

<!--`QuoteBegin-Starlancer`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starlancer)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->A Mod to climb the main mast up and get to the Lookout
to get a better view of your enemies. [/quote]

Nice idea! I love it on the MOW, where you can run across those beams holding up the whaleboats - now THERE's a nice, unobstructed view! :cheers

`Man-O`-War, the BIGGEST ship in the game !!SPOILER!! has 100 cannons, I believe 900 crew, 15000 health or so, real slow though, in the original game only acquirable by taking over the governors ship in the last part of the main quest !!SPOILER!!

That ship must be mine from now on!!!
I'll get it I'll take it i'll sink it if i have too :evil:

I want that ship I want that ship

Is the ship called MAN o War when you see her in the spyglass because a spanish ship called a Warship just sunk one of my Shoners... Damn her!!

I just use Corvettes, Brigs and shoners they are sooo beautiful!!
especially Brigs ahhhhhhhh :cheers

well, what you encountered was a warship, the `man-o`-war will have a `man-o`-war ship type, with a little luck you can see or buy it at a shipyard, with see I mean you can see it's picture of the sail to menu,...

The `Man-O`-War is awesome. I had a nice screenshot (but lost it so I'll get another soon) of the one I'm sailing (captured, so you CAN board them!) with emblem sails, mannn, she looks sweeet. SLOW tho. Sure miss my little Xebec BR. Will have to get another when I am done pasting the heck out of a couple of forts. HEH!!! :cheers

Man o' Man o' WAR!!!

Okay, so I was TRYING to get a screenshot of my fleet so you could see the MOW - so here's one - not the one I wanted to get, but you DO see my ships (black sails) against the English (white sails). There are TEN of them, all #1 ranked ships - to my four MOW's. As I recall, there were a couple of English MOW's, some Battleships... My flagship is right in the middle, the black one. I really love this skin... Nice job, whoever did it. I want to get a better shot of it, but I kept getting jumped by pirates and the English! :cheers

outnumb.jpg

Fun stuff. Boarded most, plundered and/or sank 'em all. My fleet was not a pretty sight when it was all over, but we were the survivors. :yes

I should have taken a shot when there were masts from several ships all around me in the water. Heh.

Here's a better look at the Tigress - note the angel figurehead and the whaleboats in the center:

tigress2.jpg

I didn't name her, she was named that when I took her. Standing on the deck of this huge ship is awesome. :cheers

The Man'O'War is a nice boat. I just managed to grab one! But it's so slow! It is really hard to manouver around in battles... But the 100 cannons make up for that! :cheers

I had an awesome battle last night against a spanish fleet of one MOW the Astuto 2 Battleships 1 Lineship and one Corvette.
On our side was my Ship the Brig Surprise one Schoner the british Battleship Defiance and another Lineship.

Man that battle was extreemly cool and i did lots of screenshots but that damn free webspace thingy doesn't alow me ftp access.

However i managed to sink that MOW with my Brig that had lost a mast and half of his crew before battling another battleship and a Corvette. :cheers

Nice, Starlancer! The big sea battles are fun! I usually like to board and capture, so I hate running with a full compliment of ships. I'm only hanging onto them until I go through taking on the Black Pearl at the end of the main quest, then I'm going back to a Xebec or Lugger - maybe I'll keep one of the MOW's (empty, no ammo) to use as a cargo ship for all the plunder! :)

ya i prefer less ships... i like joining in on battles so thats there are ALLOT of ships... my favorite battle was when i joind into a dutch spanish battle and both were against me so it was a huge `free-for`-all. it was awesome. at that time i had my flagship `brig-Crimson` talon and 1 french battleship 2 french corvettes... that battle was too cool.. i wish i knew which button took screenshots then... anyways i lost all but my brig in the end.... i did capture a dutch MOW.. but it was sunk a few minutes later.... anyways the larger battles are the best in the game. i suggest that all of you only do those! unless of course where ur at right now in the game it would be suicide...

I boarded and captured a MOW today... and left it. I didn't have the crew to capture it and keep my Lineship, which I really like. Nice view... decent amount of guns... decent maneuverability. So... I had to scuttle her. It hurt a bit, as I really would have liked to have taken her, but it was a decision I had to make, as there were two battleships and two corvettes yet to fight, and I was shorthanded on my Lineship as it was.

:)

C'est la vie!

As for a mod I'd like to see, how about more sails? Perhaps some nice ones like in Port Royale... Blue, or something with designs on them.

Also, how about a "careening" mod? In real life, the ships got worms in their hulls and even barnicles or other buildup, and they had to careen their ships for some time to clean and `re-seal` their hulls. Then, their ships would be a bit faster in the water than their prey. Over time, more worms and barnicles slow the ship down, making another careening necessary. While careened, pirates liked to have another ship in the water guarding their careened ship... this would be pretty cool, methinks!

<!--`QuoteBegin-Spaz`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spaz)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->i like joining in on battles so thats there are ALLOT of ships...[/quote]

I like that idea, jumping in where two of your enemies are fighting!

(Bloodthirsty, ain't I? :) )

I will have to try that after I take on the Black Pearl... Want to get that quest out of the way first, so I can sail with just one or two ships...

Back