• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Possible sea encounter kill/surrender bug.

Noriruru

Freebooter
I think I may have discovered an unusual bug with sea encounters (I don't know if this is intended or what) where if one or more enemies in a fleet are sunk or strike their colors the rest of the enemy fleet suddenly act like they're friendly (you can't attack them nor do they attack you) and the battle ends prematurely.

I had this happen when I tried to capture an enemy 1st rate SoTL when a couple of galleons with him struck their colors and the SoTL seemed to get a free walk. I couldn't fire at him, board him or anything.

Is this a bug or an intended surrender mechanic?

It is very much a bug. Several people tried to fix it, but no luck. If I recall, it doesn't always happen, but mainly when it is the flagship of the fleet that surrenders.

Heya,

I had this, too. Was fighting a Carrack and a Sloop, and after the Carrack struck her colours, the Sloop acted friendly, and I could not attack her.
But, I found out this:
1) I still could attack the sloop manually, by using manual targeting, and firing with "v" instead" of "space". After doing that once, she returned to normal hostile behaviour.
2) reloading helped. This time, the sloop normally continued fighting.

Yeah, my policy is to let the flagship go free so she does not surrender. That leaves the others to take.

Always use the "V" button. It is far more accurate when you aim yourself.

I take it the "V" button is like a "Force Fire" command.

Sounds like that could come in handy.

Thanks.

The V-key is the old Spacebar command in 1st person mode. Spacebar now always does auto-aimed fire like in 3rd person mode.

Just be careful with your reputation. Shooting on neutral ships could make it drop VERY quickly.

Back