• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Porting New Horizons to Maelstrom Engine

@DH27 just to let you know that you probably won't need this fix. We added a piece of code in the Engine that will prevent these type of bugs in all quests. Will be available with the next Maelstrom update :)

Awesome, thanks a lot! I think I will await the next Maelstrom update then, since I won't have much time to play this week anyway :)

Hi!
I retried lockpicking the chest in the Woodes Rogers quest, however as shown in the screenshot attached, it looks like the engine isn't able to load the quests_reaction.c, resulting in my character getting stuck in the fighting pose. I wasn't sure if there has already been a new update to the itch app version, so I just wanted to ask if I should wait a bit more before playing again? I haven't tried the manual fix, because in general I don't want to risk breaking the installation in case new updates are pushed through itch.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 114
I can see an improvement: the 6 shots are now placed on top of the character portrait. In storm engine there was place only for 4. :guns:

Hi!
I retried lockpicking the chest in the Woodes Rogers quest, however as shown in the screenshot attached, it looks like the engine isn't able to load the quests_reaction.c, resulting in my character getting stuck in the fighting pose. I wasn't sure if there has already been a new update to the itch app version, so I just wanted to ask if I should wait a bit more before playing again? I haven't tried the manual fix, because in general I don't want to risk breaking the installation in case new updates are pushed through itch.

If you used the files I sent you, it should work! This video proves it:

Thanks for the video, I will use the files then :)

Edit: The manual fix indeed works perfectly, thanks a lot!

Good to see it's fixed. :onya
In storm engine the F3 button works for any sort of chest action. I also changed the chest icon
to different looks here and there.

Hey guys,
I think I might have another Maelstrom specific bug for you, since I am not experiencing the following behaviour in the Storm engine version of the game:

According to the wiki, I am currently on Woodes Rogers (08) - Cave Shore, more specifically on the last sentence in the part of Phineas Bunce. The game automatically equipped my anchor, as soon as I climbed up the rocks on the shore, to bang on the side of the stuck boat, but when I "attack" the boat, the dude in the boat simply doesn't wake up. I have used the attack function on the middle mouse button as well as the one on the left mouse button, both don't seem to be working. I tried the same procedure in the Storm engine verison, where I was able to wake the guy up with one light attack, having pressed down on the left mouse button.

I have attached my latest Maelstrom savefile in case you guys want to have a look on it. If you were to be interested in the Storm engine savefile too, I would be able attach that as well.

I have added Pieter Boelen as a contributor of this mod. Just to be clear, I'm completely aware that Maelstrom will never be officially accepted by the PA!
I have added Pieter cause he sent me a few fixes for Maelstrom New Horizons. Anyone who ever changed a single line of this project, I will always give credit.

yes. Download and paste those two files in \RESOURCE\INI

Attachments

• dialg2.ini
    1.9 KB · Views: 75
  • dialog.ini
    1.9 KB · Views: 85
Okay, not sure if this is a bug or a new feature, but in Tales of the Sea Hawk, while I am on Barbados and in the taverns, I am only finding Master at Arms officers at the tables, I have gone in and out of the taverns several times and its always a Master at Arms officer at the tables.

Okay, not sure if this is a bug or a new feature, but in Tales of the Sea Hawk, while I am on Barbados and in the taverns, I am only finding Master at Arms officers at the tables, I have gone in and out of the taverns several times and its always a Master at Arms officer at the tables.

If you have Discord, you can join on this link and we can communicate directly:

Back