• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Porting COAS quests to POTC

Peter Blood

Privateer
I know we have been, as of late, been considering a customizable "storyline" to make whatever you want and such (choose your name, starting model, allignment, nationality, gold, ship, goods, starting island, officers, etc.). I had an idea on making the storyline open ended and unique. If we could port the COAS quests to POTC for this storyline, it could really make it something worth playing. COAS does not follow a strict storyline like POTC or Seadogs did, but instead offered a bunch of common questlines to experience. It would be cool if we ported these quests to potc and tampered with them to fit the gameworld. It would give the custom storyline a less rigid and more open ended feeling, but it would still offer unique quests that can only be experienced in that particular storyline. Doesanybody like this idea? ;)

Sounds like rather a lot of work. Sounds like it'd make more sense to me to port the PotC quests to CoAS.

Wouldn't we just initially have to copy the code and somehow place it into POTC? Not the small quests, but the major ones like the CoAS main quest, Tenotchtitlan, Lost CIty, Isabella, Help the Beggars, and the Treasure Quest. For instance, Isabella could start by meeting Atilla in San Salvador and could still go to Isla Meulle/Porto Rico. Instead of going eventually to Cumana or Belize, it could be in Santaigo or Santo Domingo.

I suspect a whole bunch of the CoAS quests are dependent of some newer coding that is not in PotC, while porting older code to a newer game should be easier at least by a bit.

Not completely, I expect. But still, lot of work + nobody to do it = isn't happening.

Back