• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Porting AoP:CoAS to AoP:CT

Peter Blood

Privateer
Since it is all made with "Storm," would it be possible to port the entire game of City of Abandonned Ships to Caribbean Tales? I don't want to have to buy it, and it might be useful if there was a mod that did that.

Islands are different, but I suppose someone with enough coding skill could port the quests over and make the neccesary changes to characters/items/locations etc.

i give 10% to no couse it would need MUCH work to do that i tryed once add jungle and plantasion to one starting island and later after i made everything when i came to that city all screen was black i was able to see only my healt bar :urgh
also some ships can crash ur game if u add them

AOP:CT is game where i test lot stuff from my projects becouse coding is alot easyer

I think the toughest part will no so much doing it, but convincing someone to do it. With the focus primarily on Build 14 and COAS, and then the want to port over Build 14 to COAS (effectively being a sweet combo between the Combined mod and Build 14, making it Build 15 on steriods) there is just so much on the go. Perhaps adding the CT quests to COAS is a thought for later, but for the little bit of extra cash that it costs for COAS it worth buying it...

Agreed with FireBat. There's not many people here who are going to care about AoP over either PotC or CoAS. If you want to play CoAS, then that's what you should get. :shrug

AOP CT from what i have heard was full of bugs and if some ships that are in COAS can course the game to crash then what else would do the same. It would be a waste of resources to try and turn AOP CT into COAS if at all possible. Its so much easier to get COAS then try to make something into what it might never be. I have never seen AOP CT for sale in any of the game shops by me, you can only find POTC second hand now and COAS is still yet top be released here. :modding

Yep and plus not many people would actually get it as I know quite a few people on the forum stayed away from AOP and it would be a waste of the work it would require.

Plus we would probably get in trouble for doing it from Playlogic

CT wasn't a bad game, however as with all storm games that I have played, it had a serious problem with CTD, plus a myriad of bugs ranging from annoying to frustrating to fun-ruining. As for the idea of trying to backward mod CoAS to CT... I have to start by stating how wrong that would be. That would literally be no better than pirating it. Not to mention a whole lot more difficult. Doing something like that would be a tremendous undertaking, and as the others have said, most of the modders are interested in the PotC build mod, and the rest of us are hard at work on CoAS. Few or none of us have the time, the knowledge, or any reason to rewrite a game that we already have. My advice is to go ahead and buy CoAS. It's worth it, particularly with all of the wonderful work that has been and is being done every day to improve it.

BUT WE ARE PIRATES! YARGH!

Pirating a pirate game! HA

I heard COAS got bad reviews though, I only played for an hour when my friend loaned it to me though.

Trust me you dont want to talk about pirating a game here, it will lead to official warnings and a temp ban if you do :yes

(The reason being it is illegal and we could be shut down)

I was kinda kidding when I said that. And just to show that I am kidding, watch the warning on this youtube video. I will start an entirely new thread about brickfilms like this.

We should officially stop speaking of such things.

Well it shows you how serious we are about it, I knew you were kidding but it still needs to be said

Back