• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Points, Perks and Leveling UP

Cheers,

I added 2 savegames in the zip. One is before, one after. Unfortunately, the one before is not directly before it happened. I do not story any savegame, so this is the best I have.

Huh. Tried it in my fresh test installation with Levis-Fixes 7-10b and loaded the Bonaire savegame. The new Damage Control, First Aid and Patcher perks are missing in there, that's why everything is messed up. Apparently only 7-10 is installed, not the latest 7-10b one, because the game only shifts the perks for 4 or 5 places or so, not for 7.
F11 "fixed" it.

Last edited:
I have another issue with perks, according to the error log. Whatever this is, it happens more often in melee combat, because then it slows down my framnerate more.

Attachments

• MorePerkProblems.7z
    566.9 KB · Views: 113
I have another issue with perks, according to the error log. Whatever this is, it happens more often in melee combat, because then it slows down my framnerate more.
Please install my latests fixes first.
I just downloaded the savegame you provided and did F11 and everything seems to be fine....
There was a problem in 7_10 hence the 7_10b was uploaded ..

Cheers,

sorry, but that did not work. I installed your new zip, loaded the game, pressed F11.
Since then, I can't even save the game, because it chrashes while doing it, creating a bad save.

Good news is, the game doesn't slow down in combat. But the error log is the same.

Cheers,

sorry, but that did not work. I installed your new zip, loaded the game, pressed F11.
Since then, I can't even save the game, because it chrashes while doing it, creating a bad save.

Good news is, the game doesn't slow down in combat. But the error log is the same.
when do you get the errorlog?
We're talking about the errorlog and savegame from post 43 right?
Did you install any other fixes?

Are the other problems solved? So you don't experience the perks in the wrong order anymore?

There is one problem with perks that I don't think I have mentioned. Some of the objects that are supposed to give additional skill points do not. For Example, I have both best compass, chronometer and sextant and am only adding 1 point. I also have every thing you get to add points to cannons and am getting nothing.

There is one problem with perks that I don't think I have mentioned. Some of the objects that are supposed to give additional skill points do not. For Example, I have both best compass, chronometer and sextant and am only adding 1 point. I also have every thing you get to add points to cannons and am getting nothing.
What difficulty are you on? In the new ZIPs, items contribute only a fraction of what they used to.
On the lowest difficulty, +1 counts at +1. But on the highest, +1 counts only as +1/4.

I am on the third highest. Thanks for clearing that up. IMHO this might be an example of "fixing" something that wasn't broken.

IMHO this might be an example of "fixing" something that wasn't broken.
It isn't a fix at all. It is an attempt at balancing the game and making the higher difficulties more challenging.
But indeed it was not broken.

Yes, I understand that, I just don't think this is necessary. We already had a toggle for multiple points for perks.

Yes, I understand that, I just don't think this is necessary.
That doesn't necessarily make it a bad idea, but indeed necessary it was not. There's been a lot of work lately that hasn't been quite necessary.
But I cannot force people to do what IS necessary, even though often I wished I could. :facepalm

We already had a toggle for multiple points for perks.
Isn't that a different thing though? :unsure

That doesn't necessarily make it a bad idea, but indeed necessary it was not. There's been a lot of work lately that hasn't been quite necessary.
But I cannot force people to do what IS necessary, even though often I wished I could. :facepalm

Isn't that a different thing though? :unsure

Yes it is a different thing. It is a great game and every round of changes that adds new features, options, characters, ships and ways of doing things is always welcome. My own opinion is that continually trying make the game more challenging at any level probably doesn't work for everyone.

Of course that is intended to depend on Difficulty level.
Lowest levels should remain easy and only the higher ones should be decidedly harder.

Cheers Levis,

sorry, didn't had the time to check in the forum lately.

when do you get the errorlog?
We're talking about the errorlog and savegame from post 43 right?
Did you install any other fixes?

Yes. The error log belonged to the savegame. The error log was always created when I started playing. It didn't require a fight for that.

Are the other problems solved? So you don't experience the perks in the wrong order anymore?

It didn't happen again.

Last edited:
Well then, just tried it again. I give you an actual error.log and 2 savegames. The first save is in the hut of the nevis gunsmith. I just left the hut, tried to save - and get a crash while saving and a bad savegame.
The only other thing I use is a modifies WhrGeneration by Tingyun.

Attachments

• Crashes while saving.7z
    571.6 KB · Views: 119
Back