• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Plot Stopper ?

Carl

Sailor Apprentice
Hello,
I am new to the forums but not new to the vanilla POTC. Now, after years I found it again, and yeah, so I installed it together with your grandious New Horizons Mod.
Had a lot of fun since then, and so at first I want to thank you all for this new experience I have with this mod.

But I have a plot stopper in the "Tales Of A Sea Hawk" . In the middle of the mission "Return the native art collection" when I asked the inkeeper after the pirate fort, he always goes away but no pirate comes in to lead me. I did read in the wiki, what should happen, and so I think, something must be going wrong here.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

:ahoy

That used to work, but it has been so long since I did it that way I had forgotten about it. Where did you land? It is best to land at Palm Beach on the opposite side of the island from town and either take the ship there or go into the pirate camp and talk to the boss. There is also a neat tailor shop there.

Thank you!
I am on Bonaire, no problem since there.
It seems, the tavernkeeper and the incoming pirate trigger the next part with the pirate boss. All time, if I come into the small little pirate fort, the boss doesn´t talk to me. And without, there is no way to come forward.

How strange. I land at Palm Beach and then go straight to the Pirate boss and buy the collection.

Or, the last 2 times I have played this part there is a ship at Palm Beach and I can board it and take the collection without talking to the pirate boss. Then sail around the island and enter town normally.

Maybe if you have already talked to the innkeeper you cant go straight to the beach ?

Carl have you loaded up a older save and tried to bypass the innkeeper by just going straight to the beach?

How strange. I land at Palm Beach and then go straight to the Pirate boss and buy the collection.

Or, the last 2 times I have played this part there is a ship at Palm Beach and I can board it and take the collection without talking to the pirate boss. Then sail around the island and enter town normally.
And that's odd to me. Any time I've tried to capture the Sirena in Build 14, the game hangs. I have to sink it, then there's the normal conversation with a crewman about the collection being in shallow water so it can be retrieved.

And that's odd to me. Any time I've tried to capture the Sirena in Build 14, the game hangs. I have to sink it, then there's the normal conversation with a crewman about the collection being in shallow water so it can be retrieved.

It seems every install is different. I go to a fight on deck that I watch and then back to shore with the collection. No ship at all. But then I sail past it to shore and go from there.

Thanks again!
Funny thing is, that I was never able to finish the original game cause of plot stoppers. But here your suggestions did help.
I´ve loaded an older savegame an sailed directly to the shore. Then I wasn´t able to dock, cause lots of other ships were around, and one was a pirate ship. So I did, what I do in such a case: I grappled the pirate, fought, found myself on the beach later on, and some bloke came and told me, that some goods were swimming near the shore, and if they should save them. I said yes, and now the artifacts are aboard, and I can go to Port Royale again. Problem solved!

Since I had an appropriate saved game from looking at the bugged boarding of the Sirena I looked at this tavern dialogue and it played out OK with tavernkeeper leaving, dialogue with pirate, teleport to outskirts and either he leads the way or I get directions all as per the WIKI. So certainly not a consistent problem, I would suggest it be marked as solved for now - until or unless someone comes up with a saved game with the problem showing?

Since I had an appropriate saved game from looking at the bugged boarding of the Sirena I looked at this tavern dialogue and it played out OK with tavernkeeper leaving, dialogue with pirate, teleport to outskirts and either he leads the way or I get directions all as per the WIKI. So certainly not a consistent problem, I would suggest it be marked as solved for now - until or unless someone comes up with a saved game with the problem showing?
Thanks for double checking! Solved it is. :cheers

Back