• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Playing as Blood - how to endure and proceed further?

Rad

Privateer
I play as Blood. I escaped from Barbados plantation and now I am at Trinidad. I would like to retain this frigate but everything seems to me too much expensive for me. I tried to gamble but after some time gamblers don't want to play with me for higher stakes. I hired some crew only 53 men altogether but after some time they wanted me to pay them about 20000 piasters which I don't have. I bought some goods which is exported from Trinidad some whine and tobacco but after I set out to Tortuga I was attacked by two ships of English hunters and I had to fight again. I can't to avoid any battles at sea because button for evading battle doesn't work. Is it normal? What happens here? I can't fight with all enemies and I can't escape them neither. It is something wrong with it. So, even I repulsed hunters, my sails were damaged even more. I thought to sell my frigate but as I watch the prices I would obtained only hardly 5000 pisters for it. And when I would want to buy it back later it would cost more than 200 000 pisters. What a disproportion ! So this way I don't know what to do and I returned to the save when I reached Trinidad and now I ponder how to play further so as I would prosper and develop in my playing. Do you have any suggestions for this concrete case? I am afraid this way game will stop to entertain me because of such enormous and useless difficulty. :shrug

Rad, check your personal stats mate, part of the reason everything is so expensive is because of the frigate. When you captain a ship that is well above your rank, your stats take a major hit! Put one of your officers in charge of her, and if you can find a way, purchase a class 6 vessel for yourself. You should see your stats return to normal. Go do a little hunting with your class 6 ship with your frigate in tow firing chain. She doesn't need even close to a full crew to stay afloat. You want to keep that frigate if at all possible, she is one of a kind! After you capture prize or two, you should have enough to put your frigate in storage until you have advanced enough in level to captain her proper. When you put her in storage, make sure you have an officer in command of her that you don't mind losing, because he will stay with the frigate till you come back for her. This game is very tough in the beginning mate, but it's well worth the frustration!

Hm, interesting. But I would like to now if is it possible to avoid any battle while I am in the map? I can't avoid and this way I have to accept any fight because I am not able to escape. This way of playing is complete devastating for me for this time so far. :shrug

Hey mateys, I ask again, is it possible to avoid the battle at sea while I am on the map and I am attacked by any enemy ship? :ixi

Back