1. Dismiss Notice
  2. GOG.com logo

Thanks to YOUR votes, GOG.com now sells:
    - Sea Dogs - Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales
    - Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships

Vote now to add Pirates of the Caribbean to the list!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Under the Crossbones Podcast

A Pirate Podcast with Interviews
    Music, Comedy and all things Pirate!

- Episode Guide - About - Subscribe -
    - Twitter - Facebook - iTunes - Android -
    - Youtube - Fill the Coffers -

Dismiss Notice
  4. New Horizons logo

Quick links for PotC: New Horizons
    - Download latest version
    - Wiki - FAQ - Report bugs here
    - ModDB profile

5. GOF logo

Quick links for AoP2: Gentlemen of Fortune 2
    - Downloads and info
    - Historical Immersion Supermod
    - ModDB Profile

Dismiss Notice
New to the forum?
Please take a moment to read our Welcome Message and Forum Rules.

Poll Playing a Piratess

Discussion in 'POTC: New Horizons Mod' started by Ambrois LeGaillard, Oct 11, 2017.

?

You like or not playing a Piratess/Adventurer into PotC-NH?

This poll will close on Oct 11, 2018 at 7:27 PM.
  1. (True Male-oriented) Absolutely NOT!

2. (Rhett Butler stile) Frankly, I don't give a damn.

3. (Slightly Interested ) Why not, it's an interesting change of pace in the game.

4. (C-D stile) A very nice role for me. I like, too.

5. (Drag Queen & Co.) Give me a ship and weapons that fit well with my sexy Piratess!

6. (True Female-oriented) Me...as a male character? OMG!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ambrois LeGaillard

Ambrois LeGaillard Sailor Apprentice

Sea Captain and Troubleseeker
    Well, in these troubled post-modern times its very easy change gender, but how you feel about play once a time (or all the times) in the opposite field, as a female piratess/adventurer/other choice?

My choice is (Slightly Interested): I like, also if I prefer have the true myself, maybe when I have time I will create a nice piratess/adventurer.

I'm not displeased to wear a gown, and I was also liking to make pics in piratess dresses without any shame.

2. Grey Roger

Grey Roger Sea Dog Staff Member Storm Modder

Same here. Though I'll play a male character most of the time, I'll occasionally play female for a change. (Or to check dialogs. ;))

There are already several piratess character models, including the new "HildaPiratess" from @DeathDaisy. Other options include all the "Danielle" variants, "lizswann" (Elizabeth Swann in a pirate outfit), "Ardent_F" (Helen Ardent, also a choice of character in the "Ardent" storyline), and the original "33_Piratess10". They're all in trousers, perhaps more practical for running around a ship with a cutlass - though the game does not penalise you for wearing a dress instead, it doesn't care which outfit you use. There are also quite a lot of nice dresses in the game.

But more character models are always welcome, so if you want to create another one, you won't see any objection from me! :onya

DeathDaisy likes this.
  3. DeathDaisy

DeathDaisy Freebooter Storm Modder

I don't quite know what to vote, I prefer playing a woman, but if I couldn't imagine playing a male char I'd been unable to play most games :p So I'm very glad NH got so many nice options! xD

Pieter Boelen likes this.
  4. Homo eructus

Homo eructus Freebooter Storm Modder

It depends really. In games like Mount & Blade, or indeed PotC, I play male characters more often than not, but I also like playing as females sometimes and I very much welcome the option to do so. In some other games I use female characters more often. For example, I always play Saints Row as a woman (the same woman across 2, 3 and 4 really)