• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Planets

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
Now this is what I call putting detail into a game - they actually move across the sky as well.

I actually tried to clean my monitor :facepalm - - then I took a closer look. :keith

Attachments

• CoAS_Planets_1.JPG
    CoAS_Planets_1.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 107
  • CoAS_ Planets_2.JPG
    CoAS_ Planets_2.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 93
I saw the changelog for their game engine modifications going from Storm 2.0 to 2.5 and 2.8 and indeed accurate star and planet movement was part of that. No clue why they bothered, but yes they did.

On the other hand, I've seen many a planet while at sea myself and I can tell you one thing: they DON'T look like that! :rofl

I believe there were one or two planets included in the game files which were removed by the CM team at the time since they hadn't been discovered yet during the game's time frame.

It would be pretty neat if you could see planets that clearly from Earth :keith

You have GOT to be kidding me. The scale is ridiculous! :whipa
Now, if you could actually use the star movement to navigate, then that would be impressive, but this is a bit gimmicky IMO.

I agree the scale is ludicrous, but I still think it is cool they would even attempt to put some kind of semi-accurate astronomical system in the game. I also agree with Armada, if we could somehow use that for navigation it would be awesome! :onya

You'd need to be able to measure the altitudes of the celestial bodies to begin with, but then you'd also need a nautical almanac for the year you're playing in. No clue where you'd even find that.

Back