• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides to Be Shot in 3-D

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
[imgleft]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/SzdzZcJpthI/AAAAAAAAAIU/lTv6nE8qBxo/pa-logo.gif[/imgleft]I don't do a whole lot of reporting on POTC movie news, mainly because the only one that I found watchable and coherent was the first one, in my opinion the other two were just an excuse to try and squeeze every last doubloon from the franchise they could. Not that there is necessarily anything wrong with that, many franchises have done it, and some have actually done it quite well! But coherent writing and a believable story line would have at least made the movies watchable. Well, it seems Disney is jumping on yet another band wagon, the trend of shooting in 3-D as well. From an article on AceShowbiz :

Walt Disney Pictures will present the journey of Captain Jack Sparrow in "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" in a more realistic picture. The studio has just confirmed that the film will be shot in 3-D, or Disney Digital 3-D as the studio calls it.

This decision ends a long debated issue of whether to shoot the fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" film in 3-D or to convert it into 3-D film in post production. Several films converted into 3-D after shot using non 3-D cameras included "Clash of the Titans" and upcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" movies.

You can read the full article HERE!

i'd have to say that the topic title looks rather comical with the forum lopping of the '3-D'. anyway, i suppose i'll watch it sometime. first was still the best though.

xD:

I'm sure some theaters will show it in regular 2-D as well, like they do all the other movies. But that will just make all the gratuitous "Disney Digital 3-D" ( :rolleyes: ) shots look even more retarded!

Better to be filmed in 3D than filmed in 2D then converted into 3D, at least from what I've read.

Maybe I'm just getting very tolerant in my old age. :rolleyes: I wasn't a big fan of the second and third offerings at first.....but then they grew on me over time! I found myself flipping through the channels in some distant hotel and running into one and watching at a time when I just wanted to decompress from the days work. They were just what the doctor ordered and I totally forgot about the days problems. I ended up buying the whole collection - and watching them on my giant plasma at home with the surround sound turned up, I have been really impressed by some of the scenes. Just like my life I jump from lilly pad and oasis to oasis. Drudgery and hard work most of the time gives way to those short periods of time that make life really worth living. :will Just like when I'm planning IT support architecture or evaluating simulations, I dont judge the whole thing as junk but look at the GOOD parts for what they are. Johnny Depp shows some incredible and entertaining depth in his character - the native scene, and his discussions with his three seperate "selves" still slay me. LOL xD: There are some REALLY neat scenes in those two movies that taken on their own are very good! :dance I happen to love the scene with the pirate council, and I also really like the scene in the last one towards the end where all the pirate captains raise their flags prior to the battle. There is some really good down home piratey flavor in there that reminds me of the old Howard Pyle or Norman Rockwell offerings - very rich!

I for one will go see the next one with my geeky 3D glasses firmly in place....why, because it'll be the best piratey event in town (or wherever I may be) on that particular night, and I will be looking for the gold nuggets/doubloons in the mud and dirt....I'm sure there will be a few good ones. I often judge a good picture by whether I forget I exist and am completely "sucked into" the moment. Gladiator, Master and Commander, Kingdom of Heaven, all did that for me. POTC didn't as much, but there were a few times. Despite the franchises and their real motives, I continue to be mesmerized by the dream factory and continue to be (as I am a slave to these damned video games) a dedicated disciple.

MK

I do agree there are some watchable scenes in the last two movies MK, they are just tough to swallow as a whole for me. If this news turns out to be true however ...I may just have to watch the fourth one after all!

Megan Fox wants to be a pirate

Megan Fox is keen to win a part in the new Pirates of the Caribbean film.

It was recently announced the star will not appear in the third Transformers movie. Her spokesman insisted the decision was taken by Megan, adding she left on good terms with the rest of the cast and crew.

It has now been claimed Megan has her eye on moving to the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, which stars Johnny Depp as lusty pirate Captain Jack Sparrow.

It is known movie bosses are looking for an actress to play a sexy mermaid in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and the actress thinks she is perfect for the role.

Megan is mulling over a number of big movie offers including another sci fi franchise and a role in the next Pirates of the Caribbean," a source explained. "She would play a mermaid who charms Captain Jack but she has a dark motive."

Megan is especially keen to land the part as she is a huge fan of Johnny. Megan has always dreamed of teaming up with him on screen, and has told friends she will do everything in her power to get the role.

"Megan has always loved Johnny and is desperate to work with him. She's grateful to Transformers for making her name but she's ready to move on to better and bigger things," the source added.

Original story here :
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/3740322/Fox-wants-to-be-a-pirate

:woot

Oh dear, please no Megan Fox.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to PotC4 (well aware that it could turn out crap). The new director (Rob Marshall) could be a good thing though. We could see a movie which has more story then action scenes again unlike PotC 2&3 (I still enjoyed watching both).

Back