• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned

woopypooky

Master Mariner
this game is out at the end of this year?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/piratesofthecaribbeanarmadaofthedamned/news.html?sid=6261836&om_act=convert&om_clk=picks&tag=picks%3Btitle%3B2&mode=previews&page=2

what do you all think of this game? the graphic looked quite good/impressive

the preview said it has 800 weapons???

subsidiary of Disney

named "Propaganda"

Doomed to Failure :slap

sorry that's the only possible outcome

based on company name alone!!

And they chose that name for a reason! :wp

GT has an exclusive E32010 preview of PotC: Armada of the Damned.
I can only say... damn I didn't expect anything like this! :onya But they should reduce bloom if you ask me
sd: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-potc-armada/101191?type=flv
hd: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-potc-armada/101192?type=flv

Thanks for the links Shockwave, the graphics do look quite good. But I a am much more interested in gameplay, and from what I have found out about this game so far, I am not just not that impressed. :shrug

Probably a blatant ripoff of it, secretly referred to as the MROTS Build.
icon_mrgreen1.gif

Pretty good graphics. Quite flashy gameplay.
Although I'll be the first to admit that the fights in PotC and also AoP/CoAS are not flashy enough,
this seems to have taken things waaay too far in the other direction.
And walking around with an anchor on your back? You KIDDING ME???
Ridiculous fights and supernatural affairs do not a good game make.
Though I bet it'll help with it being popular. Unfortunately.
Oh well... at least it's not quite as bad as Captain Blood. :shock

Well at this point it may seem strange, but I'm looking forward to this game as well as Captain Blood (if its even still in production that is).

Another one I looking at with interest is Captains of Darktide.

Cap'n Drow

Pretty good graphics. Quite flashy gameplay.
Although I'll be the first to admit that the fights in PotC and also AoP/CoAS are not flashy enough,
this seems to have taken things waaay too far in the other direction.
And walking around with an anchor on your back? You KIDDING ME???
Ridiculous fights and supernatural affairs do not a good game make.
Though I bet it'll help with it being popular. Unfortunately.
Oh well... at least it's not quite as bad as Captain Blood. :shock

Indeed, but hey at least there is blood in COAS and enemies actually die from several wounds as in real life(well, more or less).
As for the anchor-`twas the first thing I noticed and thought-what a BS, but you probably right-it will be popular especially they`ll port it to consoles as well.

PS: Did you guys see the ship battles???!!!!Ships turned like a Porsche 911 on wet tarmac at 100mph xD:

I'm sorry, I've just heard all of this before with Disney games. I think people have to remember that this is made 100% for the console with the PC an afterthought.

I can guarentee there will be no depth to this and all you will be able to do is make your ship a different colour, which caters for the hardcore console modding community............

Back