• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirates of the Black Cove

Isher

Landlubber
The same company that did East India Company (Nitro) is apparently putting out a game called Pirates of the Black Cove, published by Paradox.

Paradox have just revealed new RTS, Pirates of the Black Cove, at their press conference.

The game is naturally orientated around all things Pirates, with the player looking to “plunder [their] way across the Caribbean” in search infamous pirates to recruit and settlements to raid, with the ultimate goal of becoming the king of all pirates.

The game is an RTS, but also features some action-RPG elements to spice things up a bit. The game is developed by Nitro Games.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/01/20/paradox-interactive-to-release-pirates-of-the-black-cove/

The forum is pretty empty of course:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?588-Pirates-of-the-Black-Cove

Hope it doesn't suck!

Hope it doesn't suck!

I for one am so dissapointed with the quality of NITRO's last two historical/age of sail genre games(if you can call them that), that I will never spend money on one of their products again unless lots of folks come out of the woodwork after its been released a few months and miraculously proclaim that it is vastly improved over their last piss poor offerings....anotherwords that it's really good.

I wonder if their people even look at or play their competitor's games, because it seems like they don't have a clue about how bad their games are and what is actually good.

They seem to put all their money into really pretty trailers that promise the best sailing game ever and are just complete lies. They must be working off the same business model of big government contractors that sell a really awesome pitch up front that people buy into and then deliver horse poop. I wonder how long they will survive in the current economy with PC games drying up and giving way to console games.

They should be made to walk the plank quite frankly. :walkplank

I will believe it when I see it. :keith

MK

I would have tried another of their games had it not been for how many people on the forums had problems with the game (EIC in this case) claiming their code was already activated, and the devs as much as saying the only reason it'd do that was if you pirated the thing. It was like they didn't even look into it.

Shades of the StarForce forums, it felt like to me. :yes

Shades of the StarForce forums, it felt like to me. :yes
And Stallion I had such respect for you until this post

You actually spelled StarFart** like the publisher

You shall live in infamy.

** certain alternate spellings are plausible ban offences

I saw the live vidoe which showed the ship v ship fighting.

It looks like a cross between pirates! and the Woody 2 legs. I really hoped Nitro would make something I liked....

After watching the interview DP has posted I'm sure I'll stay away from this now :(

Back