• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirate Rank?

Rei

Sailor Apprentice
It says light green text means awaiting for promotion. Do I need to talk to someone to get that advanced?

Which storyline are you playing? Pirates don't usually have an actual Governor, since that was never intended.
We do hope to put something in place for that soonish though.

Last edited:
You only need to go to a governor of the nation whose relation has gone green. If it's Britain, for example, then any of Grand Cayman or Charleston should be good. If you're playing "Tales of a Sea Hawk" then Port Royale is OK until the governor takes a dislike to you due to plot, but then your relation with Britain won't be green anyway...

If your relation with Pirates has gone green, the boss pirate at Nevis Pirate Settlement is your contact. Depending on timeline, there may also be one on Turks Island.

If your relation with Pirates has gone green, the boss pirate at Nevis Pirate Settlement is your contact. Depending on timeline, there may also be one on Turks Island.
At Nevis, this is ONLY possible in the Brave Black Flag storyline.
At Turks, this is ONLY possible in the Jack Sparrow storyline.
Any other storylines do not allow you to gain ranks with the pirates.

Are you trying to be offensive on purpose? Considering I already posted this yesterday:
[...]Pirates don't usually have an actual Governor, since that was never intended.
We do hope to put something in place for that soonish though.
Refer also to this thread for details: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/distinguish-between-different-playstyles.24511/

You don't like the way things are right now? We agree! There are a lot of things that could use improvement.
But Rome wasn't built in a day. We have few coders and a lot of things we want to do.
You want to see improvement? Best way to make it happen is by helping us get things done! :cheeky

It doesn't come accross very nicely, considering my post from yesterday.

"Current situation isn't perfect, but we're aware of it and already have plans to improve on it."
"Lame."

:facepalm

We Americans are misunderstood. We always sound rude, but believe me I wasn't. I apologise if it did?

Just figured I'd let you know how it may come accross. I do not believe rudeness, intentional or not, is generally very helpful. :no

Why not have the other storylines have a join quest for pirate characters? Perhaps a short quest to prove your worthiness as a pirate? When succeeded you can join the brethren court of pirates that way you can attain ranks perhaps even a possibility to become one of the pirate lords?

I am American also, and I can certainly see why Pieter thought you were being insulting. Incorrect understanding of what a term means and it's proper usage can cause issues. One word posts with no context are insufficient for getting your point across.

Back