• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Pieter Boelen - Turks

Sinbad the Sailor

Sailor Apprentice
I completed his mission and I want to hire him as an officer, I saw in the walkthrough that I would be able to find him in Bonaire, but I went to both the pirate town tavern and Kralendijk (is that right?) and I can't find him!

Did my digital counterpart now go into hiding too???

It should be the Kralendijk tavern.

Do you have the quest header for "Turks Help" closed?
The quest case that does that should trigger the teleport to Kralendijk too:
Code:
        case "aurevoir":
            if(AUTO_SKILL_SYSTEM)
            {
                AddPartyExpChar(pchar, "Leadership", 15000);
                AddPartyExpChar(pchar, "Sneak", 200);
            }
            else { AddPartyExp(pchar, 15000); }
            bSuppressResurrection = false;
            AddMoneyToCharacter(pchar, 40000);
            AddQuestRecord("Turkshelp", 6);
            CloseQuestHeader("Turkshelp");
            LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Pieter Boelen"));
            LAi_ActorRunToLocation(characterFromID("Pieter Boelen"), "reload", "reload3", "none", "", "", "Pieter_at_Douwesen", 30.0);

if (GetRMRelation(PChar, PIRATE) < REL_AFTERATTACK) SetRMRelation(PChar, PIRATE, REL_AFTERATTACK);    // GR: You helped a pirate settlement
        break;
I wonder about that 'LAi_ActorRunToLocation' though.
Perhaps if you exit the location before the character reached the door and disappeared, he won't be teleported?

That is my thought as well. I've certainly seen other bugs caused by quest code which is supposed to be triggered by someone moving to a locator, only the player left the area before the character reached the locator.

@FatorNerd: try returning to Tortuga, then waiting for about a minute. You may even see Pieter Boelen still running - if so, you can watch until he gets to wherever he's going. Then go to Kralendijk tavern.

Did my digital counterpart now go into hiding too???

It should be the Kralendijk tavern.

Do you have the quest header for "Turks Help" closed?
The quest case that does that should trigger the teleport to Kralendijk too:
Code:
        case "aurevoir":
            if(AUTO_SKILL_SYSTEM)
            {
                AddPartyExpChar(pchar, "Leadership", 15000);
                AddPartyExpChar(pchar, "Sneak", 200);
            }
            else { AddPartyExp(pchar, 15000); }
            bSuppressResurrection = false;
            AddMoneyToCharacter(pchar, 40000);
            AddQuestRecord("Turkshelp", 6);
            CloseQuestHeader("Turkshelp");
            LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Pieter Boelen"));
            LAi_ActorRunToLocation(characterFromID("Pieter Boelen"), "reload", "reload3", "none", "", "", "Pieter_at_Douwesen", 30.0);

if (GetRMRelation(PChar, PIRATE) < REL_AFTERATTACK) SetRMRelation(PChar, PIRATE, REL_AFTERATTACK);    // GR: You helped a pirate settlement
        break;
I wonder about that 'LAi_ActorRunToLocation' though.
Perhaps if you exit the location before the character reached the door and disappeared, he won't be teleported?
Yes, the quest is closed!
That is my thought as well. I've certainly seen other bugs caused by quest code which is supposed to be triggered by someone moving to a locator, only the player left the area before the character reached the locator.

@FatorNerd: try returning to Tortuga, then waiting for about a minute. You may even see Pieter Boelen still running - if so, you can watch until he gets to wherever he's going. Then go to Kralendijk tavern.
Ok. I'll try that, but all of my saves (as stated in another post) are having a freeze problem, no idea why.

Yes, the quest is closed!
The questbook is closed because the same quest code which starts Pieter Boelen running also gives you the money, adds the final line to the questbook and then closes the questbook. But the code to put Pieter Boelen in Kralendijk activates when Pieter Boelen stops running. My guess is that he's still on Tortuga trying to run.

Ok. I'll try that, but all of my saves (as stated in another post) are having a freeze problem, no idea why.
Try going directly to sea, not to the ship's deck.

That's because the last time you saw him, he wasn't in the tavern. So that's not where he's stuck while trying to run. ;)

Have a good look round the port area. Even if you don't find him, that should keep you busy long enough for him to complete his run. Don't go into the tavern, shipyard, store or anywhere else, just wander round the main area. And then, after about a minute, get back in the ship and head for Kralendijk.

You guys were right. I played a bit in the port area and I found Pieter on the tavern. I was wrong though, I thought he would be an officer, but it is a partnership similar to the one I found on tortuga tavern. I didn't like Pieter's threat though, so I'll probably kill him :wp

It gets worse. You can have at most 4 ships in your fleet. That means, if you don't have any permanent companions, you can capture 3 prize ships and then sell them. Pieter's ship counts as one of your fleet, which means you can capture 1 fewer prize at a time. You also can't get at its cargo hold which means if you loot a town, you can't stuff it with gold from the store. He's a liability to your raiding!

It gets even worse. Pieter will demand that, when you choose to split the loot and leave him, you have a certain amount of gold. At the time of leaving, you might have that amount of gold and he may attack you anyway. The reason is that when you first talk about joining, the amount he wants is 5000 x his level. At the time of leaving, the amount you must have is 5000 x his level. If his level has gone up during your raiding, so has 5000 x his level.

• Haha
Reactions: fjx
It gets worse. You can have at most 4 ships in your fleet. That means, if you don't have any permanent companions, you can capture 3 prize ships and then sell them. Pieter's ship counts as one of your fleet, which means you can capture 1 fewer prize at a time. You also can't get at its cargo hold which means if you loot a town, you can't stuff it with gold from the store. He's a liability to your raiding!

It gets even worse. Pieter will demand that, when you choose to split the loot and leave him, you have a certain amount of gold. At the time of leaving, you might have that amount of gold and he may attack you anyway. The reason is that when you first talk about joining, the amount he wants is 5000 x his level. At the time of leaving, the amount you must have is 5000 x his level. If his level has gone up during your raiding, so has 5000 x his level.
Bloody pirates!
I will definitely have to get rid of him.

There are at least two other characters like this. There's Mary Wood, the lady in the red outfit in Tortuga tavern. And the Portuguese navy seem to be pirates in the "Bartolomeu" story, in which a pair of apparent navy officers take up residence in a house in Sao Jorge and make the same offer, with the same conditions.

Back