• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pgargon San Felipe model variant request. For an 88-gun 2nd rate SOTL project.

Noriruru

Freebooter
Hey guys I've been doing some game ship model research lately and made an interesting find for the purpose of adding more functional 2nd rate lineships to the build mod and found out that a slightly modified variant of Pgargon's awsome San Felipe would make a great stand-in for Pirates of the Burning Sea's 88-gun Triumphant 2nd rate (Which turns out to be just a scaled down version of the San Felipe/Invincible) after I went and counted all the actual cannons on images of the Triumphant in the game.

I'd actually like to work a Triumphant into the build mod to compliment the upcomming Trinity.

The requested modifications of the San Felipe are as Follows

Scale: A size reduction of the original San Felipe to around 90% of the normal ship so it is noticeably smaller than the San Felipe 1st rate.

Cannons (If Possible): While FLS never actually bothered with this step, If we could actually alter the visible gun-compliment on the San Felipe variant to match the new ship's specs it would be a nice touch.

Here Is the Triumphant's stated gun arangement.

Topdeck = 4 cannons

Upperdeck = 24 cannons

Middeck = 26 cannons

Gundeck = 28 cannons

Bow Chasers = 2 cannons

Stern chasers = 4 cannons

If the cosmetic changes to the gundecks would be too much work the simple re-scale variant will do. After all like I said FLS kinda cheated that way too, I could do the same if needed.

Happy Sailing.

I'm going to take a Zeven Provinicien project from day to day. So there will be at least one nice 2nd rate soon.

I'm going to take a Zeven Provinicien project from day to day. So there will be at least one nice 2nd rate soon.

Are you talking about that 4 piece model SeaNorris has? If it is as good as they say it is it will compliment the trinity well.

But yeah the PotBS Triumphant is a total Lie (not even a real 2nd rate).

I actually believed for the longest time the Triumphant was the 84-gun Le Mirage until I recently compared pictures of it with Pgargon's San Felipe model and made a very sobering descovery.

FLS tried to pass off their Invincible (San Felipe) 1st rate as a 2nd rate by shrinking it and only having 88 of it's still 108 guns (despite still being there) actually fire.....Lame.

Back