• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Pearl Morgan

Asquinol

Sailor Apprentice
So, Morgan sends me to the North Turks to get some pearls. I get there and the Tartans all start running. According to the walkthrough I should just have to sail near them and they will hand over pearls.

That isn't happening.

I tried with English flag and Pirate flag. If I sail near them in my Kings Manowar, they sink. I got a Tartan and have one of my officers sailing my flagship and they still don't hand over pearls. If I try and talk to them they refuse to surrender. If I kill their sails and they do surrender and I take a longboat to their ship quest fails.

What am I doing wrong?

I think the ship you are using is probably to big and to slow.

The tartanes will start running away from you when you arrive

You need a small fast ship ( I think it has to be bigger than tartane & with guns - try putting your Kings Manowar with a Port Control and just using the smaller ship ) you should be able to catch up with them and go alongside them without causing them to sink.

When you go alongside the Pearls are transfered automatically - I think you get a log message - top left of screen - when a tartane gives you its pearls.

Yeah, going solo with just a Tartane didn't work so I got a Ketch instead and after a couple of reloads I finally got it to work.

thanks.

On a side note... kinda sucks to have to put a Kings Manowar into storage for one mission and have to find more than 1k crew again.. and have to train them back up as well.

Back