• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Patrician 4

Luke159

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
I have got all the Patrician games just never sat down and played any of them, i was hooked on Port Royale 2 and didn't do any research into what Patrician 1, 2 or 3 was about. I just picked them up as a next game to play as each was released. I picked Patrician 4 up the day it came out and as i was having a clean out of my old games i picked the game up and thourght i should give this a chance because i have never played any of them, so till earlier today i never even knew it was similar to Port Royale 2. :facepalm

So when GOF is released i think i am going to have to play it and see if it has the same level of addiction Port Royale 2 has which i was pleasently suprissed works fine on Windows 7 (i must have a more up to date copy, because i read some copies don't work on anything other than XP). All i know is my copy is already fully up to date with the latest patch ever released. While i was looking at it i soon noticed one good type we have missing which is very important and should be made as a good required for sail upgrades (rope). I think we should replace Brandy for Rope and then added as a required good for the sail upgrade at Bermuda.

Moving back to Patrician 4 though, i know P3 has been put as the best in the series, but since i have never played any of them i can only compare them to PR2 which is most likely going to be much more different than i expect, so for that reason i will play P4 rather than a earlier one. I have read that much has changed in the patches with some features added so maybe that is a good thing for those who didn't like P4 originally, i don't know. Just woundering whats your thourghts on P4 and is it like PR2?

I only have Patrician 3 and I think it is a good game. I personally prefer Port Royal though. In a way, the concept of Askaron's games remind me of the Anno series in a way. Each Anno game is pretty much the same, only it takes place in a different setting. That is the case with all of the Askaron games as well, except for the second "Tortuga" game they made which was more of a hack and slash, platformer, nautical battle style game.

This was a good game, but it quickly became boring and I haven't touched this game in a few years now. It shows a great game, when you always go back to it and Port Royale has always been a game I have gone back to. The funny thing is I still haven't got the new Port Royale and its been out a long time now. Because of COAS, my interest in other pirate/economy style games has gone. I have PT3, in fact I have all the Patrician games but never played any till I burned myself out modding COAS. Then I had a short spell on PT4 with its expansion pack, after I got use to the game, I played a little online before uninstalling it never to reinstall it again. Now it sits on my shelf collecting dust like so many games that I lost interest in.

Back