• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Patch five problem

Peter Blood

Privateer
I recently installed Patch 5 and it helped fix alot of issues I used to have, however, for some reason the loadscreens are blank. I thought the patch was supposed to add custom loadscreens? All that occurs when the locations in each storyline are loading, there is just black with the meddalion turning at the bottom. The game plays fine, but it is just the screens that are messed up.

Please check your RESOURCE\Textures\Loading\English folder; there should be 233 screens there with names beginning with their location type, such as "Deck_", "Inside_", "Outside_", etc.

AH! In your main game folder, there is probably a .bat file still; run that and things should be fixed.

Yes, that's the one. I imagine there was only one .bat file anyway, so there shouldn't be much chance for getting the wrong one. :razz

I just ran it. I will run it a second time just to be safe and see if it works (also, do you have to start a new game before I can see the new load screens. I already started playing through some of the quests that I made for the standard storyline using patch five)

I ran it and I see what the problem is, it says "access is denied" to all of the load screen files. I have no idea why though.

It doesn't need a new game. Do you have your game in Program Files or outside?

I have it in Program files (x86). I have a windows 7, and on that type of computer, there are two Program Files folders, the one with the computer applications and software, and the other with games and installed/downloaded material. I tried to start a new game, but the screens are still as blank as ever.

Move it out of ANY type of program files, they both have security that makes changing files not be allowed

Move it to a place like C:/My Games/Pirates of the Caribbean ;)
Once moved run the .bat again and it should work :yes

I already did so even before you posted. I realized how stupid my question was. It works fine now, however my saves were all deleated (which is fine because I only played a little bit of Jack Sparrow). Because I ran the rename, I shouldn't have the runtime errors either on Hornblower or Johan. I love the new loadscreens too. I had to change the settings and controls back to how I originaly had them. I will have to go back to my EL Patron thread and download his storyline again.

Darn it! FOr some reason, my rename Bat application file disapeared from my main POTC game directory, now, due to its absence, I get a runtime error every time I start up Storm Engine. :modding Is there a place where I can download another rename bat? :shrug

Rename.bat removes itself after completion; that's because it's then no longer needed. Once it's done doing what it has to do, it does't have to be run again.
Weren't you saying the game ran fine WITH loading screens only a short while ago? :wacko:

Back