• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved particles.ini

Nightshift

Powder Monkey
I just tried to reduce the amount of cannon smoke during sea battles but after messing a bit in the .ini it did'nt really show any results.

So which particles.ini do I have to use ? Is it the [cancloud] one I'm looking for ? And is the line 'windeffect = 0.0035'
applying to all "smokes"/ entries or would I have to add that (if possible) to each one seperatly ?

I'm asking because I would like to have the cannon smoke (and the steamship smoke) react more to the wind.

I have no modding experience, I hope this makes sense. :read

Thanks in advance!

Apparently the smoke cannot be made to react to the wind properly. Merciless Mark, who completely redid all the effects for us, tried very hard and couldn't make it work.

To decrease the amount of smoke, I think the best to do is to decrease the particles_num value.

But for wich entry ? [cancloud] ?
As for now I switched from 32 to 16 bit colors and now ot runs much more smoothly. The cannon smoke effect looks even better in my opinion.

What is your USE_PARTICLES setting? On the default "2", the particle systems you need are "KNBcancloud" and "KNBcancloud2".

What is your USE_PARTICLES setting? On the default "2", the particle systems you need are "KNBcancloud" and "KNBcancloud2".

I remember having seen this somewhere (USE_PARTICLES), but now I can't find it.
I just deactivated ENB, so might be no need for reducing particles, since it runs much more smooth now. But just in case let me know where to find it (looked in engine.ini and particles.ini)

Screenshot - 12.jpg

and wich one of the two .ini should I use?

The USE_PARTICLES setting is in the Advanced Options menu, if I recall. The remaining particle effects are in RESOURCE\INI\PARTICLES\ship_fire.ini

Back