• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Original game soundtrack mod

The Nameless Pirate

Just a pirate
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Public Relations
This mod restores the original soundtrack of the Pirates of the Caribbean game, except some key location and storyline music files added by the New Horizons mod. You just paste the PROGRAM folder into the POTC installation folder. Also back up the music_standard.c file.

Works with: Build 14 Beta: 18 April 2019 and newer.
(New game needed)

Have Fun! :wp :pflag

Attachments

• original_music.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 602
Last edited:
File removed, until i upload the updated file for, Build 14 Beta: 18 April 2019.
You could also mention the version your file is compatible with in your main post; then users would know if it's OK for their version or not.
(Of course they'll ignore it, but that's their responsibility! :rofl )

It should be easy to get the file up-to-date with a quick WinMerge comparison.

You could also mention the version your file is compatible with in your main post; then users would know if it's OK for their version or not.
(Of course they'll ignore it, but that's their responsibility! :rofl )

Correct, should upload the new file either today or tomorrow.

After only a quick glance at your restored "music_standard" file it looks like there's no difference
between music in cities of different nations. Wasn't that a good idea or am I missing something?

I assume, if you really want to keep the original game music, there simply isn't enough clear variety to apply it to different nations.

After only a quick glance at your restored "music_standard" file it looks like there's no difference
between music in cities of different nations. Wasn't that a good idea or am I missing something?

This was and is a good idea since it sets the atmosphere better for each nation, but i wanted the mod to be as close to the original game, for nostalgia purposes.

I assume, if you really want to keep the original game music, there simply isn't enough clear variety to apply it to different nations.

And as @Pieter Boelen said, even if i wanted to have different music for each nation there is not that much variaty.

Essentially, when i play the Tales of a sea hawk storyline i use my mod, when i will play the Hoist the colours storyline i will use the PoTC movie soundtrack mod and for any other storyline that is added by the New Horizons mod, i will use the default mod soundtrack.

Back