• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Open Sea Mod and Realism Settings

The Open Sea Mod makes the distances between islands far, far larger. So when on the worldmap you look close, you're still quite a distance away.
If this is not what you want, you can disable it at the top of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h . We need testing how well it works with the mod OFF as well.
Assuming the code is correct, you should see no difference to before with the mod off. But it'd be good to have that confirmed. :doff

ill get on it :):onya

So does anyone have any comments on these as realism settings from the Iron Man Mode that can be enabled separately?
Code:
// ======================================
// REALISM OPTIONS:
#define OPEN_SEA_MOD            0                // BOOL - 1=ON - Worldmap enlarged for realistic DirectSail
#define WORLDMAP_DISABLED        0                // BOOL - 1=ON - DirectSail enforced
#define SAILTO_DISABLED            0                // BOOL - 1=ON - Cannot Sail-To any ships at sea
#define ONSEA_DATA_DISABLED        0                // BOOL - 1=ON - Spyglass and compass additional information disabled, cannot move camera to non-player ships
#define REALISTIC_ABILITIES        0                // BOOL - 1=ON - Rush, Immediate Reload and Instant Boarding disabled
I'll also get Iron Man Mode to automatically include the Open Sea Mod itself.
Edit: ^ Done. Well, that was easy! :cheeky

What other separate toggles might people need? Or are there any of these we DON'T need to have separate? Any additional thoughts?

Would it make sense to have the Open Sea Mod and Worldmap Disabled combined in a single toggle?
Or are there people who use Open Sea Mod AND the worldmap?

Cheers,

first a question:
What exactly is "compass additional information"?
I guess it means radar, shooting angle and distance of cannons, and that?
Does it mean direction and speed of wind also?

The Open Sea Mod makes the distances between islands far, far larger. So when on the worldmap you look close, you're still quite a distance away.
If this is not what you want, you can disable it at the top of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h . We need testing how well it works with the mod OFF as well.
Assuming the code is correct, you should see no difference to before with the mod off. But it'd be good to have that confirmed. :doff

what line's do i change.

Heya Luffy!

what line's do i change.

InternalSettings.h, this line:
Code:
// REALISM OPTIONS:
#define OPEN_SEA_MOD            1

Just replace 1 with 0 here to switch it off.
It's in the very first part of InternalSettings.h

^ That. And start a new game for the change to take effect.

first a question:
What exactly is "compass additional information"?
I guess it means radar, shooting angle and distance of cannons, and that?
Does it mean direction and speed of wind also?
The mini-map showing land and other ships mainly, if I recall.
It is part of the Iron Man Mode already. You played with that, right? So you've seen what that does. :yes

Heya Luffy!

InternalSettings.h, this line:
Code:
// REALISM OPTIONS:
#define OPEN_SEA_MOD            1

Just replace 1 with 0 here to switch it off.
It's in the very first part of InternalSettings.h

thanks. could not find it. so i just ctrl+f it :)

^ That. And start a new game for the change to take effect.

The mini-map showing land and other ships mainly, if I recall.
It is part of the Iron Man Mode already. You played with that, right? So you've seen what that does. :yes

Ah thanks, then I'm familiar with that.

On the subject of Dividing the Plunder as discussed earlier, does anyone remember the "morale decrease when you have too much money on board" thing?
That has always been a source of confusion for people, so I figured we might want to put an explanatory log message in place for this:
Code:
LogIt("Captain, the crew is envious of the amount of money we have on board and wants to sign articles");
Would that be clear enough?

Skyworm: About your problems with crashing, have you done a defrag lately? I have found that it does wonders for a suddenly crashing game and now do one daily. I am back home again and spent the last few days doing defrags on a half dead computer to get everything working well again. The only thing that was too trashed to salvage was the sound card drivers, and they had to be reinstalled. :type1

And why are the emoticons all messed up??? :monkeydance:ahoy:rofl:popcorn::bonaparte:pirateraft These are just blank boxes.

By the way, I've finished the improved Open Sea map now. Or, at least, I don't think I could improve it any further. How does it look?
Archipelago_map_OpenSea.jpg

That looks clean and professional. :onya

This time all of the emoticons are showing up.

I'm doing a defrag now.

Any further input yet on this?
So does anyone have any comments on these as realism settings from the Iron Man Mode that can be enabled separately?
Code:
// REALISM OPTIONS:
#define OPEN_SEA_MOD            0                // BOOL - 1=ON - Worldmap enlarged for realistic DirectSail
#define WORLDMAP_DISABLED        0                // BOOL - 1=ON - DirectSail enforced
#define SAILTO_DISABLED            0                // BOOL - 1=ON - Cannot Sail-To any ships at sea
#define ONSEA_DATA_DISABLED        0                // BOOL - 1=ON - Spyglass and compass additional information disabled, cannot move camera to non-player ships
#define REALISTIC_ABILITIES        0                // BOOL - 1=ON - Rush, Immediate Reload and Instant Boarding disabled
I'll also get Iron Man Mode to automatically include the Open Sea Mod itself.
Edit: ^ Done. Well, that was easy! :cheeky

What other separate toggles might people need? Or are there any of these we DON'T need to have separate? Any additional thoughts?

Would it make sense to have the Open Sea Mod and Worldmap Disabled combined in a single toggle?
Or are there people who use Open Sea Mod AND the worldmap?

Back