• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Offering modelling help (beginner)

OK, here's what I got so far on the 32 pounder:

32pdr 1.png 32pdr 2.png

Before I continue, I have a couple questions. @Wedori, maybe you or someone else can help me with this.

1. Does it make sense that I make the whole carriage myself, or can I copy (and rescale) parts from already finished cannons? How should I make the mounts of the wheel axes to the carriage? The drawings don't give much information on that.
2. What about texturing? I have little experience with that, but I could give it a try. Where do I find texture files that I can use? How should I properly texture the bronze gun?
3. I have no idea how to properly do the physics. How do I assign a mass to it and to what extent should I specify which parts can freely move and about what pivot?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Killik, that thing is looking nice ! maybe you would like to create a thread just for it here.
For the axles the best i can offer you is this link, the "Plano nº 7 - Descripcion de la artilleria" shows a exploded cannon carriage, not sure if it's adequate since it's for a Spanish weapon, but should work just fine.
About the textures, there's a texture pack that Wedori put together, i'm not sure if it contains the exact one you need, but it's located on the FTP, at HeartsOfOak>Cryengine>textures.rar, i'm sure @Pieter Boelen @Armada or @Post Captain can give you the access details to connect.
Hope some of this was useful..

Thanks for all the info! I downloaded the texture pack and I'll start playing with it. The drawing is also very useful. I will make a thread in the weapons forum once I have an updated version.

Back