• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

NPC Reputation

Sharks Prize

Master Mariner
As you know, when you hire an npc to be on your crew, they start out with a set reputation that never changes. (swindler, hero, regular sailor, etc)

I know that this is a randomly decided attribute due to the fact that the same unique npc (captains) will have differing reputations from one playthrough to the next.

How does the game decide this? Can it be controlled? And if so, how would one go about doing that?

I've been trying to figure this out myself. I still haven't found what lines of code affect the officer's reputation and I haven't found anything on how to change it in the forums, so if there's a unique officer I know I'll want to hire later on, I just made a few copies of the officer in the HeroDescribe file to increase my chances of finding that officer with reputation closer to my own. Of course, like most things, you'll need to start a new game for this to take effect. It's not the best solution, but I can honestly say it works.

Back