• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not taking hull damge after reaching high level? Hm

XRYANC179X

Landlubber
Hey, pretty new to the game, love the mod! I've got a question though, I'm a good way through the campaign, on sea dog difficulty, iornman mode and for some reason after I've just got Jack's compass, the black pearl has just stopped taking any hull damage (i literally sat infront of a fort for 5 minutes and it did nothing) it's annoying not gonna lie.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this, preferably without starting a new save?

Also when I try to use the black pearl before the curse the masts keep disapearing depending on how the camera is angled, any suggestions?

Off-hand, I can think of a few possibilities:
. You have the cursed version of the Black Pearl, which isn't completely invulnerable but does have a silly amount of HP.
. You have made yourself immortal using cheatmode. If you're invulnerable, so is your ship.
. The quest made you immortal. It should make you mortal again shortly afterwards, but if you have been using fast travel, you may have skipped a piece of quest code. In that case, you're immortal for longer than intended and the story is probably broken.

In any case, if the ship is completely immune to damage then so are you. You can test this easily. Hit a soldier. Soldiers are tough and will fight back hard. If you die quickly, you're not immortal in which case something else is protecting the ship; I've no idea what. If the soldiers can't kill you personally either then you are immortal. If you have not already enabled cheatmode, edit "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h", go right down to the bottom and change the value of "ENABLE_CHEATMODE" to 1. Next time you play the game, press numeric keypad 0, which toggles immortality (or "god mode") on and off. But if you got into this state by a fast-travel which made you miss a piece of quest, you'll probably need to start again, or at least try to find an older save in which you are not immortal.

Off-hand, I can think of a few possibilities:
. You have the cursed version of the Black Pearl, which isn't completely invulnerable but does have a silly amount of HP.
. You have made yourself immortal using cheatmode. If you're invulnerable, so is your ship.
. The quest made you immortal. It should make you mortal again shortly afterwards, but if you have been using fast travel, you may have skipped a piece of quest code. In that case, you're immortal for longer than intended and the story is probably broken.

In any case, if the ship is completely immune to damage then so are you. You can test this easily. Hit a soldier. Soldiers are tough and will fight back hard. If you die quickly, you're not immortal in which case something else is protecting the ship; I've no idea what. If the soldiers can't kill you personally either then you are immortal. If you have not already enabled cheatmode, edit "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h", go right down to the bottom and change the value of "ENABLE_CHEATMODE" to 1. Next time you play the game, press numeric keypad 0, which toggles immortality (or "god mode") on and off. But if you got into this state by a fast-travel which made you miss a piece of quest, you'll probably need to start again, or at least try to find an older save in which you are not immortal.
Hey, thanks for the reply buddy, I've never used fast travel, its disabled in iornman mode isn't it, I ended up starting a new save anyway. But I don't use the cursed black pearl, however I really wanna use the ship before the curse, but for some reason the masts flicker in and out of frame, really wired

From you other thread, you're using Maelstrom. This may be a bug with that version. I don't have Maelstrom so I can't help further.

Back