• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not 100% sure if im installing correctly haha or if im having issues.

Zewora

Landlubber
So i recently got in the spirit of finding a copy of potC 2003 for the PC the original seems to work fine with my decently powerful laptop, I played it for an hour without any hiccups, I dislike the control scheme of the original though and noticed horizon just looked way better, so I went to the site to download both the exe and the tar contents. I placed them both within my original potc file (also have it set apart from the program files tab) I have the folder set to my desktop. For whatever reason why I try to launch the executable b14 installer it tells me "the main file isn't present, place b14_beta4_final_tar isn't in the same folder" but it is. Also says build 14 main files aren't found. I've been working on trying to get it to work for a few hours now but I have no choice but to ask for help haha. Sorry if I made any mistakes in downloading.

So i recently got in the spirit of finding a copy of potC 2003 for the PC the original seems to work fine with my decently powerful laptop, I played it for an hour without any hiccups, I dislike the control scheme of the original though and noticed horizon just looked way better, so I went to the site to download both the exe and the tar contents. I placed them both within my original potc file (also have it set apart from the program files tab) I have the folder set to my desktop. For whatever reason why I try to launch the executable b14 installer it tells me "the main file isn't present, place b14_beta4_final_tar isn't in the same folder" but it is. Also says build 14 main files aren't found. I've been working on trying to get it to work for a few hours now but I have no choice but to ask for help haha. Sorry if I made any mistakes in downloading.
This photo is what my file folder looks like, sorry if it's crap quality.

Attachments

• 20221126_102622.jpg
    20221126_102622.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 56
If I extract the file out of the zipped folder I end up with this little warning.

Attachments

• 20221126_234820.jpg
    20221126_234820.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 52
I think I figured it out, at least this part.. I had to click and drag the compressed 14 file onto the installer which now it is properly loading up

I don't see "b14_beta4_final" in any of your screenshots. One shows "b14_beta4_final (2)", the other shows you trying to extract "b14_beta4_final (3)". What you should have is "b14_beta4_final", or more fully, "b14_beta4_final.tar" if you set Windows to display filename extensions. The installer is looking for "b14_beta4_final.tar" and won't recognise "b14_beta4_final (2).tar", "b14_beta4_final (3).tar" or any other variant.

You should not extract the file yourself - the installer should do that, then copy the contents to their proper places, and do other things as well. Dragging the compressed file onto the installer may not work properly either - expect trouble when playing the game.

Create a new installation folder, or wipe the contents of this one. Reinstall PoTC 2003 from scratch. Download the installer and compressed file again from here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Gamma Version [Last update: 8th November 2022]
They don't need to be in the game installation folder but they do need to be in the same folder as each other. For example, I have the game in "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean - January 2022", while the installer and compressed file are in "D:\PoTC\Build14" - they're not even on the same drive as the game itself!

Also download the update. This fixes a lot of bugs as well as adding some new material. You do need to extract this one yourself, it's just a simple zip file.

It's all running smoothly now, no issues I redownloaded everything and now its properly working. thanks for the assist :)

Back