• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed No Valid Ship Types with National Paint Schemes OFF

danitim1

Sanka Da Vinci
Storm Modder
Hey guys, This is on the error Log: On sailing I am getting some errors like the picture says. The version of my game is the Beta 3 WIP version for testing

Attachments

• seadogs2_0001.jpg
    seadogs2_0001.jpg
    911.3 KB · Views: 235
@danitim1: That is very strange. Do you now end up seeing the same ship types over and over again?
Can you post your compile.log file?

After you posted that file, press F11 and see if that solves it.
I don't think that should be happening, so I wonder if your ships array got corrupted.
Reinitialize should then hopefully repair it again.

Thanks in advance. Since it didn't work as I had hoped, please post a savegame too if you can. :doff

Exactly which WIP version are you using? There have been a few that really cluttered up the screen.

This is the Compile.log, and the save file.

Attachments

• compile.log
    6.7 KB · Views: 130
  • -=Nate Hawk=- QuickSave 4.zip
    622.8 KB · Views: 111
What happens here is that for an encounter, the game randomly tried to find an appropriate ship within the given criteria.
So it chooses any random ship in the game, then checks if it fits those criteria. If it doesn't, it tries again.
It will try this a maximum of 100 times. If it then still fails, the game shows that error message and uses a default ship instead.

The first log message on that screenshot means that the game couldn't find a Spanish warship between Tiers 1 and 8 despite trying 100 times.
That is quite strange, because there are PLENTY of ships that fit those criteria. I've been checking using the Select Storyline just now.

Since you're playing in the Revolutions time period, this should mean that you get to see mainly the Ketch,
Hooker and Corvette47 sailing around, because those are the default ships defined for that period.
Is that indeed the case?

This is the Compile.log, and the save file.
Thanks for that. I loaded your savegame, but couldn't replicate the problem in a hurry.
I also checked your entire ships array and that seems complete enough.

Are there any game settings that you changed from the default?
I notice you don't have gunpowder, so I assume you play with gunpowder for cannons disabled?

Yes, I do, maybe that might be causing the problem? Ill try re-install the build to see if it solves the problem.

Hey, I did a Re-Install and it worked :/. Weird, but Ok hahaha, sorry for bothering :oops:

Sorry guys, The problem came back again, IDK why. I changed the InGame Options, and maybe some option did it.

I did restore the build defaults to see whats going on, On the 3D Sailing it was fine, but when I got to the world map it started the problem, maybe its a BUG or Im unlucky

What settings do you change?
Can you upload the file named "options" from your main game folder as well as InternalSettings.h from the PROGRAM folder?
It may get triggered by a certain combination of settings that nobody else tried before.

@danitim1: When you get the chance, can you please see about this:
What settings do you change?
Can you upload the file named "options" from your main game folder as well as InternalSettings.h from the PROGRAM folder?
It may get triggered by a certain combination of settings that nobody else tried before.
I suspect that may be related, but I need those specifics from before being able to test that. :oops:

Here they are. :p

Attachments

• InternalSettings.h
    68.3 KB · Views: 99
  • InternalSettings.h
    68.3 KB · Views: 99
  • options.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 106
Here they are. :p
Indeed LOTS of changed settings. And with those settings changes, I managed to immediately confirm the problem.
Which means that I can test it and hopefully fix it too. I'll have a look into it tomorrow. :doff

Back