• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

No sound

MD K47

Powder Monkey
I have installed the mod onto two computers both have similar problems on the older computer all sound works apart from the sound when you talk to someone (their avatar moves and usually they say some comment). On the newer computer this sound plays but the new sounds that came with the mod do not play i.e. "land ho" "full sails aye aye" etc.

This isn't a big problem but it do miss them especially the new mod sound.

How can I resolve this issue?

could be, but then why if the same download on two different computers have two different sound problems?

rarer than a Cape Horn i'd say...!-) And yet not started mentioning that Land Ho etc has already been aired at vanilla. Ya nice, cannot even find precisely those wav-files in Sounds. PC makes noises? Windows at start-up? delete that one first. Ey in all honesty, this' a case where fireworkers from Houston couldn't help. How's it going? an action gets triggered what carries a string of more commands along. Really, no brain in whole the cosmos has now an idea. Keep us posted. --Pegasus Narwhale from the Shetlands, lol

Test some sounds in PotC folder. Get that ..donno really, game onto the compu'er by a very specail install shield wizard. Marvel: someone a clue??

could be, but then why if the same download on two different computers have two different sound problems?

POTC is a snowflake. Every install is different. I use the same stock installer and the same mod installers on the same computer and every game is different. It takes a bit of time to dial them in.

No because on another computer with the same download there is no problem (apart from doggy graphics and that is because the comp is old).

The only time I have sound problems is during battles when sometimes the cannons go silent for a bit. No one else has reported this problem, so we need to look into your specific situation. How much RAM do these computers have?

If your operating system is Vista or Win7 you really should think about getting more ram. Sitting here doing nothing but browsing my Win7 puter is using 1.74gb of ram. There are also 62 processes running for some reason...

Anyway, you could be running out of ram while playing.

confusion; on the win7 it has two gbytes with sound problems but on the older where there are extreme graphic problems (old card) it has the same RAM value, (this operates on xp).
:shock

I'm just guessing at your sound problems now, but it might be that when playing POTC all of your ram is being used up causing the sound to go away. Win7 uses way more ram than XP, which was designed when 512 mb of ram was good.

The video card does not use system ram, so should have nothing to do with the sound problem.

Back