• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

No friendly boarders...ever

matthewnlu

Landlubber
For some reason, no matter what boarding action I go into, I never have any friendly boarders. It's always just me against the other crew and I always get killed. I tried putting God mode on to see if maybe when I levelled up there would be no boarders...nope. So I literally cannot ever board ships or else I face instant massacre. What do I do?

Just out of curiosity, which boarders does that give you? I always end up with English soldiers, which gets awkward when boarding English ships.

mathewnlu: What ship are you using? Early on with a small ship when boarded by a ship with a large crew you might not get any crew helping you.

Just out of curiosity, which boarders does that give you? I always end up with English soldiers, which gets awkward when boarding English ships.

mathewnlu: What ship are you using? Early on with a small ship when boarded by a ship with a large crew you might not get any crew helping you.

ive set my boarding model to "standard" but im still not seeing any boarders. im using a navy-fitted brig or whatever. i think its class 6.

ive set my boarding model to "standard" but im still not seeing any boarders. im using a navy-fitted brig or whatever. i think its class 6.

Take care that you never attack ships over LvL 5 with LvL 6, cause only the crew that is not on duty will accompany you to the ship, and if you go with 50 or so crew vs 300 or so crew they will be too dispersed for you to take notice(or have any use of them) in worst case scenario you can hire out 3 boatswans/man at arms and put them in a group with you. Also, free advice extra, always make swords your boarders use into perfect condition, that way they will be able to stand toe to toe with even the overwhelming opponent, or opponent with several stages better sword class.

swords have got very little to do with it. it's morale and crew numbers that matter. equipment helps, but it's certainly not the most important factor. WITH some exceptionally good gear though (that would include armor) your crew can take on groups quite a bit larger than they are.

swords have got very little to do with it. it's morale and crew numbers that matter. equipment helps, but it's certainly not the most important factor. WITH some exceptionally good gear though (that would include armor) your crew can take on groups quite a bit larger than they are.

I beg to differ, my crew with excellent weapons from sabers to Yadgatans was able to take on LvL 4 with Tizonas, Falchions and such, and i had LvL 6.

I'm going to say that what is most important is morale. Then numbers, and then weapons. If your crew has heroic morale and the other crew has awful morale your crew will fight better and can beat a larger better armed crew. :ixi

Also, especially early on, Fred Bob really earns his money.

sabers and yataghans are pretty crap, you know. it's more likely the morale, since the player's morale tends to be quite a large amount higher than that of the enemy, unless you got really unlucky and spawned some kind of heroic pirate hunter.

you also seem to be under the impression that blade quality matter quite a bit. it only matter a few %, really. you're far better off just getting a better sword.

sabers and yataghans are pretty crap, you know. it's more likely the morale, since the player's morale tends to be quite a large amount higher than that of the enemy, unless you got really unlucky and spawned some kind of heroic pirate hunter.

you also seem to be under the impression that blade quality matter quite a bit. it only matter a few %, really. you're far better off just getting a better sword.

Worn Brazio del colon has DMG about 10-15, excellent saber has 17-22, nuff said.

and a decent sword will have a minimum damage in the 30's.

We are talking about swords boarders use, not your individual swords, i wont waste Silverleaf on simple cannon fodder, i wont even waste Tizonas, they will can make pretty solid work even with low quality swords if they are sharpened to perfection( and i am perfectionist, nothing can go into my locker or chest without being perfectly sharpened) enemy crew on higher levels often has Tizonas, Brazio del colons, Pappelhaimers and such, but they are in pretty bad shape, here is what i suggest, in next patch change weapons of enemy crew into sabers, Yadgatans and such, but make them perfect, that will kill two flies with one rock, first it will remove the exploit when you sell all these good swords and make a fortune( perfect saber costs only slightly more then average saber) and second you will remove the need to spend RL hours in blacksmith trying to get all your swords in perfect condition, and less important but nice, good swords will no longer seem like toothpicks.

Brazio de colon? Silverleaf? Those are old names and I have forgotten what sword types those are now.

Brazio de colon? Silverleaf? Those are old names and I have forgotten what sword types those are now.

I am running bulid 13 now, build 14 was CTDing every 2 minutes, i was getting crazy, suffice to say brazio de colon is in rank of Tizona and Silverleaf is in range of Bonsuns choice.

Back