• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug NIgel Blythe Quest Issue

He's been lugging barrels around all day. Give him some time to sleep! :p

There are probably other sidequest characters with the same problem, which is why I reckon it might be worth adding this to the FAQ. If a quest NPC isn't where he's supposed to be, he's probably sleeping. Go to the tavern and do likewise.

Confirmed, it's the time of day. I played the same quest, went to the store, talked to Kate Blowhorn about Clauss, paid his debt, then bought some supplies. That caused the time to change. As it happens, it was still daytime after I'd bought stuff, so Clauss was there. I reloaded a savegame, tried again, this time went to the tavern until just before 22:00, then went to the store. By the time I got back to the tavern it was after 22:00 and Clauss was not there. So I rented a room for the night, then went downstairs, and probably surprised Clauss because he stands on the stairs facing the door, so I was behind him. :p
I still don't understand how I can fix it, storekeeper not telling me about Clauss

That would explain it. You have not installed the update archive which included various fixes for the "Nigel Blythe" sidequest, including dialog for Kate Blowhorn. However, if you install the update now, your savegame will not work.

Copy this version of "Kate Blowhorn_dialog.c" into "PROGRAM\DIALOGS", and copy "Kate Blowhorn_dialog.h" into "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH".

Attachments

• Kate Blowhorn_dialog.c
    10.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Kate Blowhorn_dialog.h
    2.9 KB · Views: 154
Not if you install the whole update. But if you just copy those two "Kate Blowhorn" files into place, you should then be able to talk to her about Clauss using your current save.

Back