• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Wiki Enabled

Keith

Raping the Horses and Stealing the Women!
Staff member
Administrator
I've set a new wiki up that works as part of the Xenforo forums. I've enabled members to be able to add to the wiki but you may need me to add links to pages that I have edited. If you have done a page (can be in either html or BB code) please let me know and i'll add it to the navigation. I'll be working on getting the old pirate wiki moved over and then I'll shut it down.

This new wiki is not as feature packed as the old one but considering what we want to do with it it should be ok. I should also point out the reason I stopped the old one is that there was no way around the robot spam if you allow users to edit. This way we can get the best of both worlds :)

Seems to be working ok mate, a bit sparse at the moment compared to the old one.

Btw, I love the piratey background image! :onya

Cheers, the places need s mire more piratey goodness.

Another little thinkg I just found out is I can embed google spreadsheets into the wiki posts!!!!!

So now people can edit the values on the spreadsheet and it will be updated to the wiki page, that's awesome
:onya

As an example I just did the NH shiplist from the old wiki - http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/new-horizon-ships/

Also, if anyone want to edit the list let me know and I'll pass on the link to the spreadsheet.

Cool stuff mate, that opens up a LOT of possibilities! :read

I have been doing a bit of playing with IcoFX before my system crashed the past week and re-sized and cleaned up a few ship pictures I found on the web, they might just fit in pretty good with the wiki.

Xebec :

Frigate :

Galleon :

Tartane :

Brig :

Schooner :

Cool! The main thing that was on the Wiki that we definitely need to keep are the PotC Storyline Walkthroughs.

Maybe now that the Wiki is on the forum, we could try to build up the knowledge base. Would be nice...

Cheers, the places need s mire more piratey goodness.

Another little thinkg I just found out is I can embed google spreadsheets into the wiki posts!!!!!

So now people can edit the values on the spreadsheet and it will be updated to the wiki page, that's awesome
:onya

As an example I just did the NH shiplist from the old wiki - http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/new-horizon-ships/

Also, if anyone want to edit the list let me know and I'll pass on the link to the spreadsheet.

Oh oh oh. :bounce This ship list is by no means up to date as it's dated 8-4-2011, but it is far better than that ancient one. May I suggest a new start? :cheers

Attachments

• Ship Mod- edited version(3).zip
    35.3 KB · Views: 64
Having the Wiki as part of the main site should be a great improvement :onya

It should get more people contributing to it. :p

Keith:

Could you copy across the Quests page from the old Wiki ( I am not sure how to do it because of the images ) - the one that lists all the PotC build mod storys. I will then try to help by copying the Walkthroughs over.

I assume that all I have to do is copy from the old Wiki's edit/input page to the new Wiki's input page (not sure about linking the pages - but I can look into that when I get to it.:wp

Hylie:

Do you think that the images you made of the ships for the shipyard interface - with a short description might be good on the Wiki ? If you still have them in a suitable format of course. - Just a thought.:read

LOL! It figures.............:facepalm When I made those pics in 11-2010 I kept them in both full size and 256 X 256 format. So 2 weeks ago I wuz doing some house cleaning and decided that those pics were obsolete because of all of the changes that have been made, and deleted them. :wp
There are pics in 256 X 256 format in POTC somewhere and most of them even have short descriptions. Again, somewhere. Armada should know where to look. I have been making some new ones that look like this.

Attachments

• Wargalleon avatar-4.jpg
    Wargalleon avatar-4.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 51
Copying over is just cut and paste with the CKeditor.

The image url's will stay as they are on the old wiki but that's ok at the moment as we can get to them later.

The only thing that must be done when you add a html page is put
Code:
<div class="messageText ugc baseHtml"> html content here </div>
So the page parses the code properly.

Wow, this could turn out to be a huge project by itself... documenting the ever-changing New Horizons is quite a challenge! :eek:
Much better now that we can all edit the Wiki from the comfort of our own forum. That familiarity will surely make it easier for new members to work on.
In fact, it might be something we could encourage new and enthusiastic members to help with.

LOL! It figures.............:facepalm When I made those pics in 11-2010 I kept them in both full size and 256 X 256 format. So 2 weeks ago I wuz doing some house cleaning and decided that those pics were obsolete because of all of the changes that have been made, and deleted them. :wp
There are pics in 256 X 256 format in POTC somewhere and most of them even have short descriptions. Again, somewhere. Armada should know where to look. I have been making some new ones that look like this.
They're in the game as part of four very large image collages, not individually. However, I still have all the separate images backed up on my system, thankfully. :D
I can upload them in one big zip file if you like, so they can be freely used on the Wiki.

True about the descriptions. Wouldn't hurt to put them all together on the Wiki; it'd be a good overview of what's there and especially what's MISSING too.

Back