• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New Horizons on StormX

- Fixed the game crashing when trading when both the trader and the player don't have any maps.
- Fixed ship transfer/boarding menu not allowing goods selection.
- Fixed town switcher in colonies menu not working.
- Fixed all forts flying the Dutch flag.
- Fixed ship status indicators not showing correctly in realistic mode.

Also made some improvements to the engine (so these require you to also download the updated engine):
- Fixed the game crashing when a ship surrenders, where creating a new AIGroup for the surrendered ship causes a memory reallocation.
- Fixed a crash when playing the sound effect for the bow splashed in stormy weather, due to the sound position not being initialized correctly.

- Added some display options to the engine.ini:
- "display = 1" allows you to set which display/monitor the game should be shown, default = 0
- "window_borders = 1" allows you to enable window borders in windowed mode, making it easy to reposition the game window, default = 0

Also, my list of known issues is getting rather small, so let me know if there is anything you would like me to look at next.
:checklist

:ahoyI re-downloaded the engine and scripts. Started a new game in free play mode and every time I go to sea, I crash to desktop. (.log files attached)

Oh and I noticed this in the sky.
2022-08-06_23-45-02.jpg

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    3.2 KB · Views: 20
:ahoyI re-downloaded the engine and scripts. Started a new game in free play mode and every time I go to sea, I crash to desktop. (.log files attached)
Apparently this is related to the new flag system, which seems to be having some issues with the engine built by Github. Will investigate this further.

Oh and I noticed this in the sky.
View attachment 41055
Looks like someone updated the sky textures in the build14-final release without me noticing. I'll replace them with the correct ones.

@DavyJack I've been testing that crash some more, and apparently the Github build could randomly crash when assigning a pirate or personal flag. It appears to be an actual bug in the scripting engine that is going to take some serious investigative work, but for now I think I have managed to find a workaround by tweaking the script a little.

I've also updated the sky textures; and tweaked the tips&tricks screen layout a little.

Is this supposed to work on my final 1 Jan 2022 release?
I get a screen for a bit; and then it closes. See attached logs.
It doesn't get very far.

Attachments

• NH_Logs_PB.7z
    65.9 KB · Views: 28
Is this supposed to work on my final 1 Jan 2022 release?
I get a screen for a bit; and then it closes. See attached logs.
It doesn't get very far.
It is supposed to work with Grey Roger's latest release, which should be update 210722.

Looking at the logs something is very wrong:
Code:
COMPILE ERROR in seadogs.c(327): Undeclared identifier: LayerCreate

LayerCreate no longer exists and seadogs.c should have been replaced with one that does not use it. Are you sure you extracted the updated scripts from Github?

I tried the same again, now including @Grey Roger's latest update and...
Same thing.
Dunno what I'm doing wrong.

Attachments

• Logs_PB_2.7z
    92.6 KB · Views: 17
I tried the same again, now including @Grey Roger's latest update and...
Same thing.
Dunno what I'm doing wrong.
It still hasn't replaced the seadogs.c file.

No idea how that could happen but you can try deleting the entire PROGRAM folder and replacing it with the new one.

Oh wait... the ZIP structure put it in a subfolder.
Lemma get that out of there...

Yep, that made a difference.
Observations so far:
- There is NO splash screen nor videos while booting
- The mouse cursor sometimes goes invisible in the main menu
- Worldmap not available

Observations so far:
- There is NO splash screen nor videos while booting
- The mouse cursor sometimes goes invisible in the main menu
- Worldmap not available
- Splash screens are currently disabled because I'm tired of looking at them while developing.
- Mouse cursor should be fixed now, but I'll check it is included in the latest release
- Worldmap is indeed the only big item left on the todo-list

@Hammie,
Any further developments since August?
I think I have finished all the stuff-i-dont-want-to-do needed to get the worldmap working. And with that out of the way some real progress is being made towards getting it functional.

I'm planning to post an update later this week, but I want to finish a few more details before that.

I'm also moving house this December, so I'm hoping to get the worldmap finished by the end of November, as I won't really have much time after that.

I think I have finished all the stuff-i-dont-want-to-do needed to get the worldmap working. And with that out of the way some real progress is being made towards getting it functional.

I'm planning to post an update later this week, but I want to finish a few more details before that.

I'm also moving house this December, so I'm hoping to get the worldmap finished by the end of November, as I won't really have much time after that.
So, if you finish the worldmap at the end of this month, can you tell me what will be the most important points to fix afterwards?

So, if you finish the worldmap at the end of this month, can you tell me what will be the most important points to fix afterwards?
Worldmap is pretty much the final "big" piece. After that it should be minor bugfixes and tweaks.

Some things that come to mind:
- Particles effects can have the wrong color
- Audio effects can be too loud
- UI needs some tweaks
- Some quests might be broken (especially quest that have manual fight actions)

But plan is to transition to open beta once the worldmap is fully functional

Worldmap is pretty much the final "big" piece. After that it should be minor bugfixes and tweaks.

Some things that come to mind:
- Particles effects can have the wrong color
- Audio effects can be too loud
- UI needs some tweaks
- Some quests might be broken (especially quest that have manual fight actions)

But plan is to transition to open beta once the worldmap is fully functional
Thanks for the information.
I'll test your open beta of course :doff

Back