• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help New attempt in CryEngine

Wedori

Mopar or no car
TOP CONTRIBUTOR
Creative Support
3D Artist
Hearts of Oak Donator
Hello Pirates,

there is a long way behind us but behind every pirate is a much bigger one.
When I started my CryEngine MOD "Drake`s Legacy" in 2012, I had big dreams. My dream of great quality in a great engine acceleratet me but long term motivation of team members and the missing CryEngine source code was two huge things, that led to a slow death of the MOD. Plus the same to the whole community in reason of the long ignorance by Crytek. This points are clear but I wont hide it.
Then, in 2014 the rest of us joined the upcoming Hearts Of Oak production at PA! and everything looks fine but CryEngine denied success again and the PA-team left to Unity. Personal for me and my dream of a "Black-Sails" (Movieseries) and "Star Citizen" (Game) - Quality this decision was a disaster but it seems it never becomes true - except my personal work.

My dream fell into a deep sleep but every year I tried again and again a new setup of a gun and a vessel. This year everthing looks much better and fortunately I got help from the great retired system engineer Vance from Canada, who founded for example the Gold Coast Mod for Crysis in 2009 (Gold Coast Chronicles mod for Crysis).
Today he is a part of the helping team around CryEngine and he have good contact to employess there. Also we have now the source code access and the first working systems.

We decided to open a new thread here to show you our new idea because we reached the state that we need a programmer. I know that a lot of programmers and people survived the slow death of CryEngine´s Community as same painful as me and Vance and I think every month anyone tells me, that CryEngine is "consumed off".

Lets hear your opinions and if we found someone who want to try out some things. This must not be a huge thing for all because all new options gives us a lot of new possibilities and I remember until today a lot people who becomes friends here and I am still in contact with.
I expanded my library in the meantime too, my content raised a lot and I baught tons of content at CGAxis, Megascans and so on. Great base for a new attempt.

At my website www.drakes-legacy.com you can find my personal way in working at ancient content, which is today my mainjob. I never left the dream of the searing theme in CryEngine and hope that there is a small chance to renew a small team for setting up the small programmings we cant realize in 2015.

Vance is standing here with a lot of CryEngine knowledge and is by far a huge enrichment for our work and a pirate too.

Thank you very much!

Yours Roman
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><

Back