• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Need Help editing dates on the Jack Sparrow Storyline.

Nick6314

Landlubber
So, I'm using POTC New Horizons Mod Beta 14 version 4.0, I don't had problems with this.

My issue, is more like a whim, is editing the dates (that aren't accurate according the POTC Wikia) of the Jack Sparrow Storyline: Hoist the Colours.

So, I tried to edit the "StartSoryline.c" archive of Jack Sparrow Folder, I tried to edit it (saving a security copy of the original file, just in the case of having problem), but the system didn't let me edit it, I'm using Note Pad, and saving it as "All types of archives (*.*)".

Sorry for my bad english on my posts, I'm not a native speaker of it.

That sounds weird, @Nick6314; editing the starting date should be easy enough.

In what folder on your computer did you install the game and mod?

The starting date isn't in "PROGRAM\Storyline\JackSparrow\StartStoryline.c". It's in "PROGRAM\Storyline\JackSparrow.c":
Code:
   sl.(sn).start.date.day = 9;
   sl.(sn).start.date.month = 6;
   sl.(sn).start.date.year = 1740;
On which date should the story start? Note that the start year of 1740 puts it just into the "Colonial Powers" period; if you change the year to anything earlier, it's going to be "Golden Age of Piracy".

Editing .c files with Notepad and saving them back certainly ought to work. I do my modding work exactly that way.

Editing .c files with Notepad and saving them back certainly ought to work. I do my modding work exactly that way.
I've heard stories that suggest it doesn't always work if the game files are in Program Files.

Quite a lot doesn't work properly if the game files are in "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)". That is presumably why you asked where @Nick6314 installed the game. ;)

Back