• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion My Revenge of Queen Anna 3d model (Black Pearl)

Nikolab86

Powder Monkey
Hello all friends, First of all, I do not know if this message is posted well, since I did not know where to publish it, I thought that here, I have recently bought by Amazon this piece of a 3d model of the Revenge of Queen Anna that was so shelled in the 1996 in North Carolina. Then POTC relied on it to create the famous Pearl. This model has led lights so at night it is like a lamp. It is incredibly beautiful. Greetings from Spain

Attachments

• 2E608157-4A11-49D1-BBBC-51B2E7488F10.jpeg
    2E608157-4A11-49D1-BBBC-51B2E7488F10.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 221
I also have this one, the only difference is that it doesn't have lights.

b_p-jpg.33384

It is quite a nice model, and it was fun to put together.
Though the on with the lighting is especially nice.

Just one advice, maybe it's a bit nitpicky, so if you don't visually like what follows, just keep it as it is.

I would put the flag facing the bow of the ship.

These ships sail with the wind behind them, so the flag would be pointing forwards.
If the flag points to the stern then the wind comes from the front.
In other words you are sailing against the wind, so you wouldn't get anywhere.

Also about the Queen Anne's Revenge and Black Pearl connection.
I have only seen this in these models.
I know that the PotC Queen Anne's Revenge was based of the Black Pearl, but not the other way around.

My theory is as follows.

The company that makes these doesn't have the license to use the Black Pearl name on this product, but Queen Anne's Revenge is a historical ship, so they can use her name.

In fact the real Queen Anne's Revenge wouldn't look like the Black Pearl, and definitely not like the PotC Queen Anne's Revenge.
These two ships are based in Galleons/East Indiamans I think, while the Queen Anne's Revenge wasn't a Galleon/East Indiaman.

Also according to Wikipedia the Black Pearl is a larger ship when compared to the Queen Anne's Revenge.

Queen Anne's Revenge - Wikipedia
Black Pearl - Wikipedia

Anyway, congratulations on your model! :cheers

It could be that they put it for not paying royalties to Disney, but I had read that in the little book that the ship brings. The thing about the flag has not occurred to me hahaha maybe I changed it. If the lights are spectacular how bad it is Very uncomfortable to turn them on since the power button is on the back inside.

I also have this one, the only difference is that it doesn't have lights.

b_p-jpg.33384

It is quite a nice model, and it was fun to put together.
Though the on with the lighting is especially nice.

Just one advice, maybe it's a bit nitpicky, so if you don't visually like what follows, just keep it as it is.

I would put the flag facing the bow of the ship.

These ships sail with the wind behind them, so the flag would be pointing forwards.

Also about the Queen Anne's Revenge and Black Pearl connection.
I have only seen this in these models.
I know that the PotC Queen Anne's Revenge was based of the Black Pearl, but not the other way around.

My theory is as follows.

The company that makes these doesn't have the license to use the Black Pearl name on this product, but Queen Anne's Revenge is a historical ship, so they can use her name.

In fact the real Queen Anne's Revenge wouldn't look like the Black Pearl, and definitely not like the PotC Queen Anne's Revenge.
These two ships are based in Galleons/East Indiamans I think, while the Queen Anne's Revenge wasn't a Galleon/East Indiaman.

Also according to Wikipedia the Black Pearl is a larger ship when compared to the Queen Anne's Revenge.

Queen Anne's Revenge - Wikipedia
Black Pearl - Wikipedia

Anyway, congratulations on your model! :cheers

It could be that they put it for not paying royalties to Disney, but I had read that in the little book that the ship brings.
Yep, the book that came with mine also said the same things.

It's not a big deal anyway, we know what ship it is supposed to be. ;)

The thing about the flag has not occurred to me hahaha maybe I changed it.
No problem. :cheers

If the lights are spectacular how bad it is Very uncomfortable to turn them on since the power button is on the back inside.
Ah then the one with the lights wouldn't be practical for me, as I have mine somewhere relatively high.

Maybe you could get a plug with a switch, leave the switch turned on, and use the one that is on the plug.
What I described looks something like this:
9c900f27216f29ec98778323d8e2847b16012f77_400_400.jpeg

the problem is that this kit comes with a battery and the battery box is inside it does not come with an electric plug

Yep, the book that came with mine also said the same things.

It's not a big deal anyway, we know what ship it is supposed to be. ;)

No problem. :cheers

Ah then the one with the lights wouldn't be practical for me, as I have mine somewhere relatively high.

Maybe you could get a plug with a switch, leave the switch turned on, and use the one that is on the plug.
What I described looks something like this:
9c900f27216f29ec98778323d8e2847b16012f77_400_400.jpeg

Then what I said is 100% useless.

The only thing that I can think of now is to maybe extend the wires so the switch is somewhere more comfortable, but this isn't exactly fail proof. :nerbz

exactly what I mean it takes a lot of work to turn it on and I'll turn it on but every once in a while

Then what I said is 100% useless.

The only thing that I can think of now is to maybe extend the wires so the switch is somewhere more comfortable, but this isn't exactly fail proof. :nerbz

It is incredibly beautiful.
Yes, she is!
Very nice. :cheers

My brain knows that 100%.
And still, on my LEGO ships, I'd put the flags pointing the "wrong" way too.
Why does that LOOK so right; when it doesn't actually make sense??? :rofl

My brain knows that 100%.
And still, on my LEGO ships, I'd put the flags pointing the "wrong" way too.
Why does that LOOK so right; when it doesn't actually make sense??? :rofl
Probably because engine powered ships exist now, so it is normal for flags to point that way in such ships.

Thanks to this we are used to it, so it doesn't look weird.

You are right in all my models the flags are like this but they are more modern boats. I leave you a photo of right now that I have turned on the boat lights if you want to know how it looks.

Attachments

• 4E8B7FA0-13AE-4825-AC47-1139E1EE2ABA.jpeg
    4E8B7FA0-13AE-4825-AC47-1139E1EE2ABA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 248
Back