• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

My favorite ship

The Nameless Pirate

Just a pirate
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Public Relations
My love for the Black Pearl started when i first encountered her in POTC in the original XBOX.
Unfortunately i couldn't capture her after trying many times :(, this may also be the reason i like the first POTC movie the most, since Jack also wanted the Black Pearl.
After a few years i learned about the New Horizons mod for POTC which added the option to sail with her.

Then i learned about TEHO and the The Caleuche DLC which continuous the plot of POTC, only that the model for her used was similar to the Flying Dutchman so i joked about the idea of buying POTC and replacing the Flying Dutchman model with the Black Pearl model.
This was the spark that got me into modding although i didn't know it yet.

Around this time i also bought a Black Pearl 3D Puzzle model that i found in a random toy shop around christmas.

B_P.jpg

Then i bought POTC for PC and downloaded the New Horizons mod, after i played through the Tales of a sea Hawk storyline, i replayed TEHO and made a mod for it Black Pearl Mod (TEHO), that did what i joked around a year or so before.

These are the reasons the Black Pearl is my favorite ship and how i got started in modding.

Have a good morning/noon/evening/night.

:ship :cheers

Last edited:
Have you played the "Hoist The Colours" storyline? "Tales of a Sea Hawk" only lets you see the Black Pearl twice - once briefly at Martinique and once at the end. (And, of course, beyond the end if you capture the ship.) "Hoist The Colours" is the story of a certain famous captain and also the story of the Black Pearl, which means you get to sail her in her various stages of development during the storyline. And you get to keep her at the end of this story as well.

Have you played the "Hoist The Colours" storyline? "Tales of a Sea Hawk" only lets you see the Black Pearl twice - once briefly at Martinique and once at the end. (And, of course, beyond the end if you capture the ship.) "Hoist The Colours" is the story of a certain famous captain and also the story of the Black Pearl, which means you get to sail her in her various stages of development during the storyline. And you get to keep her at the end of this story as well.
Well i haven't but i plan to play "Hoist The Colours" at some point. :yes

I bought the Black Pearl from the Isla de Muerta shipyard. ;)

You buy ships? You mean... give away gold? I prefer to pay for mine with steel and lead. :guns:

The thing about "Hoist The Colours" is that it gives you the Black Pearl (or her pre-curse precursor, the Wicked Wench), then takes her away, then gives her back, at various points in the story. If you've played the story a few times and know what's going to happen, you can abuse the ship-berthing system horribly, hide one ship away before it's going to be taken from you, then get another one later. Because if there's one thing better than a Pearl, it's a string of them...
pearls.jpg

You buy ships? You mean... give away gold? I prefer to pay for mine with steel and lead. :guns:

Well i only bought her because i couldn't wait until the end of the game. ;)
Otherwise i also prefer to take them with steel and lead.:duel: :guns:

Last edited:
By the way, bought POTC for PC at the best moment since my original XBOX disk drive died a few months later.
The main game i played on it was POTC, although i was in the middle of a Midtown Madness 3 play through. :(

Some time ago i found a video about thermal paste on YOUTUBE, it doesn't have anything to do with the XBOX but there was a clip in there that is fitting when computers and other electronics die.
The video is in Greek but the clip has no speaking, and is from 15:27 to 15:33, anyway if you speak Greek you could check out the whole video if you want.

Here is the clip

Last edited:
Back