• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

My current project. . . if only I had the Maya Plugin. .

`Sigma-6`

Landlubber
Still no response from either Saruknar or Kell. . .

I wonder if these famed fellows actually exist at all. . . . :shock:

In any case, in hopes of attracting one who can direct me to the Maya Plugin (the download is disabled here, and I can't find it anywhere else), here are 2 screens of my current project!

She's a 74 Gun 3rd Rate `Ship-Of`-`The-Line`

3rdrate.jpg

3rdrate2.jpg

Obviously, anyone who knows the location of the illustrious export tool that will allow me to get this ingame. . . uh; yeah.

The file you want is plur.rar, it was on Seabro's website so with anyluck when he is around next ill get him to send a copy to me as our version got...lost :blah: I'll pm him about it, he's here usually every couple of days

Oh :blah: Holy Pirate! xD: that's a great ship Sigma what modeling tool did you use? :dio

Heehee, Pirates'd never be able to afford to crew it. . . . I'm sure you know, but in reality, Pirates didn't really have anything larger than a Sloop O' War. . . because. . . #1; where do you find the men? #2; how do you feed them? #3; in order to catch your laden, `loose-in`-stays merchantmen, you need to be fast and weatherly, and you need to be able to slip away if you ever see one of these on the horizon!

This ship has a crew of 700 men! I'm afraid it's better suited to *hunting* pirates. . . :blah:

But don't you worry, I'm going to make a few other ships better suited to the Pirate life. . .

Aye,at would be awsome mate,somethin tew suite de name o' me ship de Black Heart,I sometimes like tew sail de larger ships,since in de game,other pirates 'ave de bigger ships,don't wanna be oudone Har! :blah: xD:

Yeah this is great, will be fun owning the seas in that :blah:

Ill have to ask alex also if you can use some of the mods with captain blood.....

Hey Sigma you haven't answered my question :blah: ,well my question is what modeling tool did you use? xD:

What!?, he use 3DMax, i thought only Maya is capable of making a new ship model in POTC :?

It's very easy to import/export between Maya and 3dsMAX. In any case, I didn't do the modelling in 3dsMAX; just that render. The modelling was done in O2. It's much more `user-friendly` if you're the type, like me, who wants to lay out every vertex manually and use an intuitive mapping interface. . . (laying out each vertex manually gives excellent control over polycount)

That ship is a real beau, I bet it dwarfs any ship in the game

It's actually somewhere between the Pinnace and the Man 'o War. . . the Man 'o war is a 1st rate, and this is a 3rd rate. . . nd of course, the Man 'o War in the game is a full 60 feet or so longer than any real 1st rate. . .

Back