• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Muskets Part II and green gunsmoke

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Having played several hours now with muskets on the back they are back at the waist. After putting some muskets in the weapons locker my crew used them in several boardings. During combat with a captain he had a musket at his waist and fired it before he "died". From that moment on all muskets everywhere are back on the waist.

Also, is anyone else seeing green smoke after canon fire at sea?

I have seen npc's carrying muskets on their waist. When I started the game again the next day they were back to normal and have stayed there since.

Green smoke? :shrug Nvidia had troubles with green smoke in a DX7 sim that was caused by it being too low rez to be rendered properly. I have not noticed green smoke in POTC.

Nope, never saw any green smoke. Screenshot?

Are you confirming that crew ARE using their firearms now? That would be another long-standing problem tackled!

Nope, never saw any green smoke. Screenshot?

Are you confirming that crew ARE using their firearms now? That would be another long-standing problem tackled!

I will get a screen shot on the smoke.

Yes I am confriming that crew are using firearms now. And yes it has been years since that worked. :warr

And now the crew appear on deck with the muskets on the back. lower them to the waist fire them. Guards and smugglers still have them at the waist.

it happened only from the moment when he fired and died ? really crazy i will keep an eye on my musket bearer xD:

same no green smoke personnaly :shrug

EDIT: musket on characters who use the AOP animations make strange looking("modyford", "morgan", "blaze devlin" and "espinosa")

The muskets as it is my mod, the green smoke I have no idea.

Hey Jack --

For what it is worth, I think the musket placement is somehow triggered by NPCs using the musket. Sometime crew in aboarding are carrying them on the back sometimes at the wasit. When they fire sometimes the muskets go to the waist and sometimes to the back. Action seems to trigger random placement by guards and smugglers and then that seems to get reset, and everything is on the back.

Note the first screen shot below which shows boarding crew with the musket in both postions. The other one shows an enemy captain.

na it was coded to hold it on back and when we start fight mode, it goes at waist for game animation reasons, then when you stop fight mode, it goes back on back

the problem is that it never go back on the back when one in fighting mode dies, and the 2nd thing i find is for the 4 AOP animated char

i found something about the musket on back/waist bug:

thats true that when a musketeer die it stays on waist BUT if another musketeer use a musket and doesnt die, all musket goes back on back and then the bug gone until another muketeer die after using musket

Good that something works!
Guess this is the result of a bug we worked with together earlier. (NPC:s not needing ammo any longer.) :onya

Tonight I'll be back home finally and can start working with the Musket. I know why it's not working but not yet how to fix it. :|
Please report if Pchar is not behaving ok. I think he should be!

I have found that sometimes when I arrive at a port the soldiers carry their muskets on their hips. So I equip a musket for myself and it sits on my hip.

I draw my sword and then sheath it again and the musket goes to my back. After I walk through the next gate all of the soldiers are carrying their muskets on their shoulders.

Dunno why, just an observation.

First of all...awesome mod guys. I loved this game back when it was first released (even with all it's bugs) This is an intoductory post and also a confirmation about the Nvidia green smoke issue...I will post a screenshot when i can.

I'm using an Nvidia GTX 480 1.5 gig card and have the enb graphics enabled. It's not a game-breaker for me but a fix would be welcome.

:gday mate!

I have been using an nVidia GTX275 for maybe 2 years and never saw the green smoke. I installed an ATI HD6950 a week or so ago and have seen no green smoke, but have seen other things. :8q I will say that I do not use ENB.

I am curious about your settings. I am one of those "Damn the FPS! Full graphics ahead!" types and had the settings on that card pretty much maxed out. Do you know that you can adjust the POTC settings separately in your control panel?

POTC is listed as CossacksII there for some reason. :eek:k POTC looks pretty good with max AA & AF.

Havent played around with the Nvidia Control panel settings yet but i have everything maxed and am running in windowed mode in 1920 by 1080 resolution.....I still saw green smoke before changing the resolution but have noticed after several hours play that it mostly happens at night and it doesn't always happen???

One other question about surrendered ships.....how do you claim them? by boarding them as normal or approaching them?....I had 1 surrender but I was running from 3 others so couldn't find out.

The only time I have seen green smoke was in a car sim, and it was caused by the smoke being rendered in 8 bits instead of 16 bits. New rasters fixed that. What I have seen in POTC is the water turning green when reflecting the green land close to it, but I can not recall ever seeing green smoke here.

To claim a surrendered ship you must be flying a hostile flag and then sail close to it. When the boarding icon appears you board the ship and find the Captain.

Back