• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Mr.gibbs dialg bug

Sebrian

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Ahoy there!

I have recently finished the Hoist the colours questline, (had played it before once, many many years ago) and i must say it was great! Especially how early days of Jack questline ties in to the movie plot, love it. Big props to you guys, and i hope we will see a continuation of Jack's dventures at some point. :cheers

Anyways, after you finish the Curse of the black pearl questline, there is an annoying bug where Gibbs keeps his dialogue options from where you are trying to gather new crew on Tortuga, which teleports you to the tavern with no Gibbs to speak to of course, this can be really annoying if you speak to Gibbs by accident and don't have a recent save file to fall back to, as you can't do anything but reload to get out of this state.

I have added a simple check in Mr. Gibbs_dialog file, PChar.quest.cotbp_done == false, as for some reason if(checkquestattribute("Muerte", "search")) that was already in place doesn't seem to do the trick.

Maybe i'm missing something here, and of course there are more elegant ways to fix this bug, and we could add the usual officer dialogue options after the main quest has ended, or even spice them up a for special officers like Gibbs... :8q

I'm adding some screenshots, a save game where this can be seen, and file with the fix if anyone is interested or having the same issue.

Cheers! :dance

Attachments

• Mr. Gibbs_dialog.c
    5.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Untitled22.png
    Untitled22.png
    2 MB · Views: 39
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • -=Player=- Hispaniola. Tortuga port.rar
    703.9 KB · Views: 40
I'll have a look, but at first glance through the code, it seems something has gone wrong with your game. "Mr. Gibbs_dialog.c" should only use that part if attribute "PChar.quest.muerte" is set to "search". But after you wake him up for the first time, you go to the tavern for the chat about Will Turner being the son of Bootstrap Bill. Then you teleport to the port for the scene with the crew, Anamaria and Will. And at the end of that scene, "PChar.quest.muerte" should be set to "allerislademuerte". So, unless Mr. Gibbs is set to say something specific for a later scene, his dialog from then on should simply be "...".

Download the attached version of "console.c", put it in your "PROGRAM" file, load your savegame, and press F12. Then tell me what it says about "PChar.quest.muerte".

You could also try the attached version of "PROGRAM\Storyline\JackSparrow\quests\quests_reaction.c". At case "findecotbp", it should set both Mr. Gibbs and Anamaria to use standard officer dialog. You'd need to reload a save from before the scene in the fort where you're about to be executed, Will Turner offers to be hanged with you, you escape and end up on the Black Pearl.

Edit: I tried the savegame. "PChar.quest.muerte" is indeed set to "search". I've replaced the attached "console.c" with one which sets "PChar.quest.muerte" to "allerislademuerte". Download it, put it in the "PROGRAM" folder, load the savegame and press F12. That should stop Mr. Gibbs from going back to the dialog for when you wake him.

Attachments

• quests_reaction.c
    414.7 KB · Views: 70
  • console.c
    35.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Hey Grey Roger!

Thank you very much for your help, and sorry for getting back to you so late... a lot of work recently has left me with no free time at all this week :fiddle

I have tested both files and can confirm that now everything works as intended and officer dialogue options are there as well!

Thank you again for you time mate!

Back