• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

More things to do at sea

lukemax

Landlubber
For The next Bulid comes i think it should expand on the things that happen at sea. More things to do at sea IE makeing the whole ship able to walk around on.

Luke

Ohh yes please...

That would be brilliant... !

Jack Sparrow did it... Lucky Jack did it in Master and Commander.. why can't we?

i would like it if we could spot our enemy far off so that way it would be more realistic and thus employ the crowsnest and have to use the wind more, but that may be too slow for some action fans

Yarr, Normal! Anudder dinkie die Aussie joins de Ozz Delegation o' PA! 'Ave ye a rum on ol' Fred Bob, matey, an' be tellin' de boys a yarn or two! :yes

Well you can spot the enemy far off. A crows nest would be very useful to identify far off vessels :yes

A mod I'd like to see is to eliminate te "Sail to" abillity for ships only. I mean sail to port or the beach or whatever is a time saver, but you should not be able to do that with ships. Not only can you teleport to any ship, you also know exactly what type, how damaged, and what nationality evey ship around the island is. You don't need the better spyglass to know the shape a ship be in!

Hey there Fred Bob... !

I haven't seen any other Aussies around here... am I alone?

Anyway I'll have that rum on you now mate! :cheers (glug glug)

(hic) Do yer drink yer rum straight or water eet down?
On the topic of rum although... do the bottles of rum you collect in the game have any purpose?

You're not alone, Captain Normal, there are quite a few Australians here. :cheers Check out the Blind Parrot sometime and you'll see... Heh...

Rum in the game - yes, those bottles of rum can be used like potions, although they're rather expensive to buy. I've never run out of potions enough to start using the other stuff, so I couldn't tell ya what kind of effect it has on yer health. :dio

Har! ye can drink de rum but it don't do anything for ya,In seadogs 1 ye get a whirly bird cut scene its pretty wild tew watch :cheers :cheeky

Aussie Aussie Aussie !!!!

But back on the subject, yeah a crows nest would be nice, being able to whip your crew would be fun to. Im sure youd like that Cat :cheeky :cheers

Keith said:
being able to whip your crew would be fun to. Im sure youd like that Cat :p: :cheers
<snicker!> My `sergeant-at`-arms usually does that for me, unless I'm outta rum, LOL!!!

<ahem> More rum here, please! :?

WOW, wood that b possible, the crows nest? i supose u cood hav it liek the enter cabin thing but... i dunno, just fix the camera 2 the top of the mast... wood that really be possible??? wood b so cool if it was

oops, forgot
In seadogs 1 ye get a whirly bird cut scene its pretty wild tew watch

emm, i dunno nethign abt seadogs construction but cood u not jsut steel the video and convert it inot wmv and then stick it in the game like the other cutscenes when u drink da rum that wood b cool. Maybe not

yeah, all u have to use is a converter, but i dont know anything that converts movies, but thats cuz i dont ever check :? ...im sure there is somethin out there tho :cheers

i would LOVE to see this though! i havent played Sea Dogs yet, but i want to so bad, but i cant find it! :p:: :)

clueless said:
oops, forgot
In seadogs 1 ye get a whirly bird cut scene its pretty wild tew watch

emm, i dunno nethign abt seadogs construction but cood u not jsut steel the video and convert it inot wmv and then stick it in the game like the other cutscenes when u drink da rum that wood b cool. Maybe not

i dunno what program you'd use to convert the movie into wmp format, but it wouldn't be legal lol! microsoft charge a lot to use wmp codecs in software. :?

The crows nest idea is really cool, but I dont know if it can be done? Because you never really ever go up a ladder in the game so maybe the animations or just the code for it is there or not.

Back