• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Modeling help and textures

SeaNorris.

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Hi,

I recently began learning how to model ships in 3ds Max and I am a bit stuck on the bow detailing, I am curious of how other people go about modeling this part of the ship. Also I am hoping I could get some decent textures for when I finish it, if someone could supply some that would be great. You guys will be welcome to have any models I make as I still do play on the PotC build mod and am waiting for my copy of CoAS with anticipation.

Regards,

Attachments

• Bow Image.jpg
    Bow Image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 38 Gun Privateer 1.jpg
    38 Gun Privateer 1.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 38 Gun Privateer 2.jpg
    38 Gun Privateer 2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 38 Gun Privateer 3.jpg
    38 Gun Privateer 3.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 38 Gun Privateer 4.jpg
    38 Gun Privateer 4.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 38 Gun Privateer 5.jpg
    38 Gun Privateer 5.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 38 Gun Privateer 6.jpg
    38 Gun Privateer 6.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 147
  • 38 Gun Privateer 7.jpg
    38 Gun Privateer 7.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 38 Gun Privateer 10.jpg
    38 Gun Privateer 10.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 142
Hi SeaNorris,

looking good, mate. Already saw your model on the PotBS forum and I really liked what you were doing. A shame that it won´t make it into the game due to being to "young", although I understand the reasoning of the 3D steering.

Btw, we´re working on the same beautifull ship, here´s my model:

12.jpeg

Looking forward to see this one progress. Any chance to see a wireframe?

Also I am hoping I could get some decent textures for when I finish it, if someone could supply some that would be great

You can make some great seamless planking textures with Wood Workshop

Regards,
bava

Both seems very promising, I hope we'll see them in game :D so much nice models disappeared during their making...

SeaNorris! Welcome back! :woot
Have you been able to keep yourself a bit up-to-date with our latest progress?
We've got quite some cool stuff. And so do you, by the look of those screenshots! :woot

Thanks for the replies guys,

Yes Pieter I usually pop on every now and then to check on how things are progressing :)

Thanks for showing me Wood workshop Bava its fantastic and your ship is just amazing, I hope you will share some pointers on how to achieve that level of excellence, I will obviously not recreate the ship exactly the same but make some alterations to make it look different. Here are some more screenshots of the 38 Gun and of another project I have been working on which is Plate XXXVII but I have changed the bow to a beakhead design and I am planning on rigging it as a Brig. As you can see on the Brig the stern has been done much better than on the 38 Gun so I am gonna redo the stern on it at some point.

Regards,

Attachments

• 38 Gun Privateer edges_01.JPG
    38 Gun Privateer edges_01.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 38 Gun Privateer edges_02.JPG
    38 Gun Privateer edges_02.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 18Gun Brig_01.JPG
    18Gun Brig_01.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 18Gun Brig_02.JPG
    18Gun Brig_02.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 18Gun Brig_03.JPG
    18Gun Brig_03.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 18Gun Brig_04.JPG
    18Gun Brig_04.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 18Gun Brig_05.JPG
    18Gun Brig_05.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 18Gun Brig_06.JPG
    18Gun Brig_06.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 149
Now we've caught you anyway SeaNorris, do you happen to have any unreleased work still lying around?
I recall you were working on something last time we heard from you, but don't remember what.... :?

Thanks for the wireframes, Norris. I think I´ll "borrow" some of your ideas, if you don´t mind ;p I really like how you did the stern area of the ship.
The other project is looking good, too, the beakhead is an interesting detail. :onya

Back