• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Model show

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Here's one of the things I get up to at weekends. This was a big model exhibition. I had a few of mine on display. None of them were nautical; I do have some ships but I don't have a real car, so I have to carry the models while travelling by bus, and my ships would probably not have survived the journey. So I took some aircraft instead:
011hurricane.jpg 014yak1.jpg 017corsair.jpg

There were some ships on display, though no sailing ships this year. Among them, although rather modern, one of these might interest @Pieter Boelen:
328deruyter.jpg

But I recognised the name on this one. Robert Fulton is one of our playable FreePlay characters, and a real-life Captain Nemo if this is anything to go by:
332nautilus_fulton.jpg

For comparison, the film version of Nautilus:
376nautilus_film.jpg

There were signs warning people not to touch the models. Some were rather more forceful than others:
540ships.jpg

But for me, though not a subject which would normally interest me, this fairground was the most impressive thing on display:
664fairground.jpg

One other item might be of interest. In "Woodes Rogers", you can talk to Blackbeard's head. Here it is:
725blackbeard_head.jpg

Last edited:
Back