• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Model Preview Error in GM viewer, and Maya Export Tool issue

Heretik

Privateer
Storm Modder
Hey guys,

I am sorry - I could swear that I had the GM viewer working a few years ago, although I remember spending more time in Inez Diaz's tool. I have had some problems with the 3D previews in some programs since I got my latest computer, and I just wanted to check to see if it is my computer, or if I am doing something wrong.

For now all I am trying to do is open a already existing model, and/or animation in the GM viewer to get a feel for the program. I went to the directory (C:/Program Files/Bethesda/Potc/ressource/models/characters), and tried double clicking on a variety of .gm files - but nothing is shown in my 3D preview on the right. Nothing seems to change if I try to load a texture. I am trying to decide if this is my computer, or if I am simply doing something wrong. Here is a screen of the issue:

gmerror.jpg

My second issue is with the export tool. I have the plugin installed, but when I follow the directions to export a cube (as a test) it generates an empty txt file named "error". Any ideas?

Thanks guys, and sorry for the stupid questions.

Did you use the GM Viewer from the Akella tools or the seperate download?
Because the Akella tools one is missing one required file.
Solution: Download the seperate one and use that instead. :doff

For the Maya export problem, you'd need the help of someone who knows.
I have heard it before and I know ZarethPL and damski62 have been able to get it to work.

My second issue is with the export tool. I have the plugin installed, but when I follow the directions to export a cube (as a test) it generates an empty txt file named "error". Any ideas?
Here is what I've written to some guys, that PM me with questions

1. Create locator in maya (create --> locator)
2. Add all objects you want export as parent to that locator (Select all objects you want to make parent, then select locator, after that press make parent button on panel)
3. Select locator-only
4. Then chose export selected and the SD2GeoExport

Ah! You guys are the greatest! Thank you so much. :ty

I did download the akella tools GM viewer, and I will start playing some more with the exporter when I finish up work today. Thanks Guys!

Ok - so the gm viewer now loads the model, but it will not load the texture. Not even if I go to the texture directory in ressources, and select the proper texture for akella's model. Double Clicking on the text in the materials box, the textures box, or changing the lighting for the time of day does not seem to do anything to help the problem, although changing the lighting does appear to reload the model.

Sorry again guys...

to some computers, that are chosen ones of some kind (mine), gm-view simply doesn't show texture on character-based models... Wasn't able to fix that... This is something of Video-card...

I have the same problem. I think Maximus once said it's got to do with a too-recent version of the .NET Framework.
Textures actually DO show... just not on characters. :facepalm

Back