• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Modding Problem (New Character Creation)

Harrow

Freelance Modder
Storm Modder
The title pretty much says it all.
I finished a total re-worked pirate, using officer_8 as the base.
I have it all worked out great.. but the x64 portrait wont show up!
I even tried renaming another portrait, without converting anything, and it didn't show up.

Actually, while thinking it through.. I think both x128 and x64 don't work!
How did you guys fix this?

Note:
The x256 one (character creation pic and F2>Character Window pic) works...

Darn....I was doing something with character portraits a few weeks ago but I don't remember what I did exactly. Have you tried looking in the interface folders? I think there is a file somewhere you have to edit to add your new character face.

Darn....I was doing something with character portraits a few weeks ago but I don't remember what I did exactly. Have you tried looking in the interface folders? I think there is a file somewhere you have to edit to add your new character face.

HeroDescribe.txt ? I changed that.. but I'll look into what you suggested.

EDIT:
All right. I fixed the x126 problem.. I can see all the pictures now except the ones on the top left corner (You know your own portrait, near your officer's).
I'm looking for a file that's even slightly connected to that but I don't think it's even in the interfaces folder..
Does anyone have a clue? I don't want to release this without all the changes needed..

Second EDIT:
Finally I got it all figured out.
One file to edit the text in.. I think I'll make a step by step tutorial, since it's all so confusing.
(What with all the different folders and whatnot.)

Well I didn't change any initmodel.c entry with my James Barrows' texture (and it's working perfectly) Perhaps it's because I didn't change the model of the character? :shrug

Damn we need a tutorial, even if it's just for reference. :hmm

Back