• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod idea: Converting Pirates of the Caribbean back into Sea Dogs II

Original game?
NOT at all.
She's black.
She's got torn sails.

She doesn't look anything like the film.
Even the sails are torn in quite a different way.

That's good. That means I don't have to go to the trouble of changing the model if it doesn't even look like the film's portrayal anyway.

When I watched the finale again today, I was really unimpressed.
It didn't sound at all seriously...
Yeah, that part of the narration wasn't her best work. Maybe it's a good thing that some copies omitted the narration in that video. Her narration is Invasion.wmv isn't too bad, though.

I've never heard of one existing.

So I guess I could just mute the video and add the music/SFX back in myself. Though I'm not going to worry about that just yet since the original narration isn't that bad.

Except... It IS a Pirates of the Caribbean game.
Barely. But still.

True, and as you're well aware, my mod is supposed to remove what little connection Sea Dogs II has to Pirates of the Caribbean. To begin with, it's as much like Pirates of the Caribbean as Prey 2017 is like Prey 2006 (in other words, not a lot), which makes it all the easier to just change it back to Sea Dogs II.

While I might keep the Invasion.wmv file where it is, I would consider keeping a narration-free version of it handy if one was available. Though I imagine I could just mute the original video and add the music and SFX back in manually.
You'll find the music that plays in the background in my patches pack for CT, in the "Music Expansion" patch. (Eng_Town.ogg, and Spa_Town.ogg respectively.)

New SFX (for seagulls, etc.), to replicate the old track, can be found here: Freesound

You'll find the music that plays in the background in my patches pack for CT, in the "Music Expansion" patch. (Eng_Town.ogg, and Spa_Town.ogg respectively.)

New SFX (for seagulls, etc.), to replicate the old track, can be found here: Freesound

Okay. Thanks for the tip. And I wanna thank everyone for sharing your information with me. It'll help a lot when I get back to the mod. I've taken a break from it until I'm finished upgrading my new Macbook Pro, since I'm still waiting to get some RAM sticks and a bigger hard drive installed before I use it.

Yeah, that part of the narration wasn't her best work. Maybe it's a good thing that some copies omitted the narration in that video. Her narration is Invasion.wmv isn't too bad, though.
Agreed.

So I guess I could just mute the video and add the music/SFX back in myself. Though I'm not going to worry about that just yet since the original narration isn't that bad.
Plus it doesn't reference the Black Pearl and Pirates of the Caribbean by name; like the finale does.

True, and as you're well aware, my mod is supposed to remove what little connection Sea Dogs II has to Pirates of the Caribbean. To begin with, it's as much like Pirates of the Caribbean as Prey 2017 is like Prey 2006 (in other words, not a lot), which makes it all the easier to just change it back to Sea Dogs II.
Absolutely.

And the official Disney license saves you the trouble of worrying about copyright infringement.
So it's a win all around. :cheers

Back