• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Minimum crew on captured ship

tarsus

Landlubber
Hi. I really don't like easy gaming so just have been wandering - is that possible to change this little thing that annoys me: when you capture new ship you should be forced to put minimum amount of crew on that ship to be able to take it with you.
That'd be nice...

Oh sure, because everybody knows ships will sink like a rock unless there's a human on board... right?

Not a bad idea, I remember you had to do it in another game...It might have been Port Royale I think, you ended up keeping all your men on your main battleship but they got depleted after you took prize ship.

Oh sure, because everybody knows ships will sink like a rock unless there's a human on board... right?
Nice one: BUAHAHAHA! :rolleyes:

...but ship will not sail when there is no one (or just officer) on board - will not enter the port, and won't do many other things, that have to be done to take it back and sell it or whatever.

It was like that in SeaDogs, PoTC as far as I remember. That would be nice thing to change.

maybe i'm wrong, but you have to put the minimum amout of crew on board. if you don't have it you can not capture it and if you have your crew only on your ship you can not use the travelmap.

maybe its difficulty based? because i get the same thing as the guy right above me. i have to transfer min crew to be able to cap a ship. im playing on corsair difficulty.

On captain you can fast travel and just travel with 0 crew but cannot go to overhead map. Which means cannot leave the island.
BTW - you may want it but be carefull what you want or you may get it. Such as the things are now they are made by purpose. Don't forget YOUR OWN ship can remain with less then the min crew and even with 0 crew even when the battle lasts. So what you will do then? I went to take the blue bird with schooner very early. Took it but after the battle I had exactly ZERO crew. Me and the bodyguards were the only alive ppl standing (did it not because to check how great am I but because there were no lvl 4 ships for sale in the shipyard and was too lazy to load early savegame).

nevermind, i double checked, yeah you can cap a ship and leave no crew on it, good luck getting anywhere though, as has been stated you need crew to go to world map.

Pirates weren't leaving crew on captured ships they were sinking them or if port wasn't too far they were towing them behind their own ships.

I play the stock game, and was able to capture 3 ships last evening without assigning a crew. When I got to the nearest port they were all still with me. Note I never touched the transfer crew button.

Previously I have also taken crew that was just assigned to a captured ship, by pulling them off after finishing the robbery dialog, because you are close enough to transfer between ships.

I agree it is pretty ludicrous that a ships sinks with out a human aboard. I could see this as an eventuality do to a storm or crashing into shore. But not instantaneously. I see the ship just drifting away and also the possibility of encountering deserted ships at sea. I also believe one of the other posters is correct that pirates usually scuttled the ships they captured rather than having to answer embarrassing questions regarding a ships previous ownership.

Back