• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Minecraft

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I ran across this one a couple of weeks ago, and haven't stopped playing it since! The graphics are old school, and probably will take a bit of getting used to for those of you that didn't grow up with a Commodore 64! Don't let that stop you, this game is addicting as hell! Basically, you go around digging up resources, mining them with a pickax or shovel, and fighting off zombies and skeletons. You can also get resources from various farm animals running around free. Then you can build stuff out of what you mine like armor and weapons, better tools, boats, houses, castles, mine carts, roller coasters, pretty much anything you can think of!

There is both a single player game, and online multiplayer action. The game is still in alpha, and there are a few bugs, especially in multiplayer. but it really is quite fun! the game is written in Java and can be played both in your browser, or as a stand alone downloadable program. The game is not free, but it is very cheap, you can buy it for half price while it is in alpha. This game is being developed by one guy and they have a great support community, and they really are doing a fantastic job! This series of videos explains a bit more about the game and gives you an idea of what to expect :

You can find out more about the game and purchase it HERE! And you can read through the Minecraft wiki HERE! And you can see some art work of all the various creations people have built at the Minecraft Museum HERE!

This game is friggen awesome!! Just what I needed, something else to take up my free time! xD:

I found a much better series of Minecraft videos on Youtube, you can find the complete playlist HERE!

The guy that wrote Minecraft did base some of the game on Dwarf Fortress, which is in itself an awesome little game!

There is a Halloween update coming up on the 31'st which is going to add a whole lot more to the game, you can read more about that on their forums HERE!

Back