• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Max HP drops to 1 forever after being shot by Davy Jones

smrtwhkd

Master Mariner
Near the end of the Elizabeth Shaw quest, you will be shot by Davy Jones. When you wake up, your Max HP becomes 1 forever.

Attachments

• save.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 222
  • compile.log
    7.6 KB · Views: 246
  • system.log
    1.5 KB · Views: 232
Your compile log shows you are using Build 14 Beta 4 WIP: 31 Mar 2016

This is rather out of date and the problem has been fixed in more recent versions I think.

If you put this in console

LAi_SetCurHP(pchar, LAi_GetCharacterMaxHP(pchar));

it should reset your character.

EDIT Well no, I found an old version which your saved game is compatible with and that line ,although it is in the new code as a fix, didn't restore your character so some other things probably changed since then too ENDEDIT

What you can do is put this in console

ResetHP(pchar);

Last edited:
I remember this bug existing.
I also remember fixing it.

That game version is 4 years old though!
There will be MANY issues still there that have long since been improved.
Latest version was from earlier this year.

I remember this bug existing.
I also remember fixing it.

I also had a vague memory of that but couldn't find the reference here (only your note at the case where you applied the fix.

Indeed the function calls and parameters have all changed since that earlier time, not to mention all the added content and other fixes.

Indeed the function calls and parameters have all changed since that earlier time, not to mention all the added content and other fixes.
I think 2016 might be before Levis' Levelling updates.
That also redid a lot of the HP calculations and I think I might've made use of that to fix this quest too.

Oh, I see. I got my mod from www.moddb.com. The date on it says Mar, 2020. So, where can I get the latest mod version?
L8F6M0L

Capture

Above is what is on moddb website. The red circle is what I found as the latest. After installing part 1 and 2, I unpackaged extra fix archive and pasted it over in the game folder. That's not the correct way of installing this?

Last edited:
Oh, I see. I got my mod from www.moddb.com. The date on it says Mar, 2020. So, where can I get the latest mod version?
Have a look here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta [Last Update:24th March 2020]

The files on ModDB should be relatively up-to-date thanks to @The Nameless Pirate.
If the game still claims it's the 2016 version though, perhaps something went wrong during installing?

For example, perhaps that can happen if you manually extract the TAR archive (which is indeed dated 2016)?

I also had a vague memory of that but couldn't find the reference here
Couldn't find it at first either.
But after trying a bit more:
Fixed - Eliz Shaw Sidequest: After being shot by Davy, HP set to 1/1

Would this be the cause of messed up installation:
1. When extracting and pasting over the "Extra fix archive", I copied over the entire content as opposed to only PROGRAM and RESOURCE folders?

You mean the Documentation and MODULES folder too?
Nope, that's not a problem
You're even supposed to do that.

Also wouldn't explain why your compile.log mentions 2016.
Before the fix archive, it should already say 2019 or something.

Btw, there is no MODULE folder. There are only:
1. Documents
2. Program
3. Resource
4. other misc. files such as configure.exe, build info.txt and engine.ini
So I need copy and paste all of them over?

Czsz5HQ

Czsz5HQ

It does look up to date to me, it either is the latest version or the one before it.

So I would say yes. :yes

This quest works fine under the latest mod version. I guess my issue was due to an older version. However, my only complaint about this mission is that when you sail back to Cayman port, Dutchman would stick around the port for a long time. If Dutchman doesn't leave then you cannot dock at the port. The only thing you can do is wasting ammo on the ghost ship.

Yes, the Flying Dutchman can be sunk. You need a big ship such as the Sovereign of the Seas which you may capture near the end of "Tales of a Sea Hawk", or the Dauphin Royale which you may capture near the end of "Ardent". And you need a lot of cannonballs and powder, so before sailing to Cayman for the finale, dock somewhere else and stock up.

It's quite boring, in fact. A few broadsides from a ship that size depopulates the Flying Dutchman's crew, after which she only fires one or two cannons, and then not often. Ideally, take down a mast or two because she'll try to run away and she sails faster into the wind. After that, it's just a matter of plugging away at her. A duel with a regular 2nd rate ship of the line is likely to be more challenging!

Otherwise, let the Flying Dutchman run away. You've still won a tactical victory, in that if one side runs away from a battle then it can hardly claim to be the winner. And Davy Jones will still shoot you in the head even if his ship is now in his locker.

Back