• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Master & Commander

KevO44

Lord High Admiral of the Seven Seas
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
Master & Commander comes out tomorrow in America....GO BUY IT :cheers

'avnt been able tew get here in Canada either since its release,I've not seen the movie yet, :onya

Thankee fer de info... Fred Bob currently be a readin' de BOOK fer de THIRD time now an' be enjoyin' de whole storey mo' den de las' two times! :onya Havin' read de book hepd make de movie come alive! :yes:

Yeah, I'm goin first thing in the morning to buy it.. I too haven't seen it...

lol the story was lacking but OTHERWISE it was great. I thought a movie is based on its story. It does have good cinematography though.

lol the story was lacking but OTHERWISE it was great. I thought a movie is based on its story. It does have good cinematography though.

well what makes a movie good isnt just its story :eek:ops

actually you cant have a good movie w/o a good story in my opinion.

true you need a good story, but if you dont have the skills to make a good movie its still gonna suck, and then also some movies that have really crappy stories end up being good because the acting,directing,editing,cinimetography,soundtrack, etc. etc. etc. why do you think they have all those catagories at the Acadamy awards?

Master and Commander was more about the two leading characters than any particular story, I thought.

I agree with Sampow. Why else would you follow the doctor out onto Galapagos Island, if part of the story wasn't about his character and his thoughts and ideas and dreams?

I thought the movie did a nice job of depicting shipboard life, hours and days of nothing much happening, and brief instances of stark terror in battle.

<!--`QuoteBegin-sampow`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sampow)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Master and Commander was more about the two leading characters than any particular story, I thought.[/quote]

Let me guess, Master and Commander is about a master and a commander? :eek:ops

Speaking of sharks, I love how sharks are included in POTC :cheers

Speaking of sharks, I love how sharks are included in POTC  
they taste good too :eek:ops

I thought the movie did a nice job of depicting shipboard life, hours and days of nothing much happening, and brief instances of stark terror in battle.

yep, i think the movie was more of a documentary of sorts on how life on the ship was, rather then an epic adventure as it was hyped up to be.

it does have somethings with pyrates to doo ....
the french ships is a pyrate and a privateer .......
damm cool moovie ........ and lots of strategi involved....
:yes

Actually Jack_jr, a privateer isn't a pirate. They even make a point of noting the distinction in the movie.

And yes, that movie was excellent. It would have one a few more Oscars, if Return of the King didn't come out the same year, I reckon.

Yeah its too bad Return of the King swept the Oscars :cheeky

privateers arent pirates sarge you are right. but the reason why most people confuse privateer history into pirate history is because a lot of them become pirates after the enemy country signs peace treaty with the country that the privateers were working for, therefore catching the historian eye better cuz it would be more interesting of a pirate than a privateer. but not all turned into pirates, but, just like mercenaries, they look for the highest bidder and then get letter of marque...hey, just think, basically you are a "legal" pirate haha, cuz you loot ships, take them, sink em just like priates, but you cant sink ANYONE though thats the only difference haha xD:

Back