• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Martinique smugglers

Kara Korsan

Sailor
So I'm in Raoul Calmes' house in St. Pierre. When I initiate conversation, sometimes I end up getting the evidence I need, but sometimes he just says he's aware that I'm working for the harbormaster and tries to attack me. Tries and fails. I don't mean he fails to beat me, I mean he fails to draw steel and attack me. His house is a non-combat zone, and remains so even after the dialogue, so it's no surprise. There's more, though:

qRqXbwL.png

The save file belongs to a Jack Sparrow playthrough, although the same thing happened to me on free play as well.

Attachments

• Save.zip
    971.9 KB · Views: 227
Found this:

Code:
        case "raoul_calmes_fight":
            LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("raoul calmes"));
            LAi_ActorAttack(characterfromID("raoul calmes"), pchar, "");
            characters[GetCharacterIndex("Turpin Cabanel")].quest.smugglers = "letters_1";
        break;

Indeed, that is in "PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\quests\quests_reaction.c". It should probably go into "PROGRAM\QUESTS\quests_side.c" to make it available to all storylines, and for good measure, this line should be added to make sure both he and you can draw weapons:
Code:
LAi_LocationFightDisable(&Locations[FindLocation("house_of_smuggler_in_FiF")], false);

@Kara Korsan: if you're feeling lucky, download this and copy it into place. You might first want to make backup copies of "PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\quests\quests_reaction.c" and "PROGRAM\QUESTS\quests_side.c" just in case I've made a typo or some other mistake, as I haven't had time to try it out yet.

Attachments

• Raoul_Calmes.zip
    150.1 KB · Views: 218
Well, I wasn't feeling lucky, but then I never feel lucky, anyway. Just gave it a go. Man drew his sword, took a swing at me and was promptly cut down like the pig he is. I was able to turn in the quest with no problems whatsoever.

Works as intended, as far as I can tell.

Back